Stuttering audio in ripped games!

Hey guys! i've got a bit of a problem here, when I'm playing a burned game the Sound fx seem to stutter and degrade. This isn't the audio tracks streamed from the CD but the actual audio contained in the games (eg In 'Street Fighter Vs. X-men' the announcer says "This is Street Fighter Vs. Vs. s. *SHCRRRR* X-men) Also When I try to select a character on the selection screen, if I run the selection box through lots of characters quickly the audio seems to corrupt! Please help me, I don't know what to do! Thanks

(Edited by Funkstar De Luxe at 5:41 pm on Feb. 14, 2002)

It sounds like a 50Hz/60Hz issue.

If it is, the only way to fix it is by doing the 60Hz mod to your Euro Saturn.

If it's not, it could be bad game rips or bad burns.

I'm sure it's not a bad rip, the game works completely fine 'cept for the sound :( Would the 50/60Hz thing affect it? Cause isn't that the screen refresh rate (wouldn't apply to sound)?

Some games sync audio with the video and if the game is running 17.5% slower (NTSC on PAL), that could mess things up.

I've got an original Xmen VS SF.Same problem.You have got a PAL Saturn.Some Japanese games have sound & graphic problems when they are played on PAL Saturn systems.Xmen VS Street Fighter has the Sound issue.Vampire Savior has a couple sound problems too but they aren't that bad(It just sounds like a faulty arcade board,wich makes it kinda cool too).Marvel VS SF can't be played.You have graphical errors to the max,but no sound glitches...or Terradiver that has those Letter errors.All the same problem.You have to do a 50/60 Hz fix to your PAL Saturn.

Quote: from ShinJedah on 11:39 pm on Feb. 16, 2002

Marvel VS SF can't be played.You have graphical errors to the max,but no sound glitches...

I'd always wondered if I had a bad rip.

Now I know. :)

Back