Suggestion Time

Originally posted by calganagain@Feb. 07 2003, 11:25 pm

So because I provide nothing then I should lie about his comics and pretend they aren't plagued by teen humor which is in no way funny.

Karny hasn't banned me yet so my posting must not be half as bad as you think it is. Besides I don't post frequently enough at NX to be a troll. I don't post here much since when I was a regular your console forums seemed more techie oriented rather than gaming oriented and most other topics I couldn't get interested in.

The thing is, Fabrizo wasn't even mentioned here. You just decided to have a go at someone for no apparent reason. And yeah, Karny has been very patient, especially given your borderline racist comments on South Africans and the British.

Lets just drop it now.

Neither white South Africans nor the British are their own race so any negative/biased comments about them could never be racist. Did you ever read the explanation I gave? We have expectations of what people look like when they say they are from so-and-so even if they are not true. They are ingrained in each of our cultures.

I did not "have a go" at Fabrizo but was commenting on what I expect will happen which I think SX should avoid.

It's a shame you don't post here more often calganagain.
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Feb. 07 2003, 4:37 pm

1. A fan fiction area with stories based on characters from Sega's games. Dark, silly, humorous/serious, anything worth reading, just for fun.

Ugh, please, no. There's a thread buried here about why this is a bad idea.

Other than that, yes, the message board layout is probably the best I've seen so far. Or at least damn good. There's nothing really wrong with the VGR board, it's just going to get really crowded in the future when they add more sections.

But they layout of the side bar and the main news page need to change. They just don't look very.. um.. appealing. Maybe that's just because I'm tired of seeing the same thing for at least two years now. As MTX said, make this place look and function like more than a message board.

People have many suggestions but most actually do little to make them happen
sad.gif

Right on to tealon for wanting to make a faqs and gallstaff for wanting to make comics !

Iceman will you please put up a link to my walkthroughs I made , I offered to do it myself but you swore youd put them up , in case you dont thnk there cool people sell these sheets on certain locations of the net , where on the net do people sell genesis midis made into mp3's (excluding a few games soundtracks )?

Also going through and cleaning up all your dead links that you already have would be a good suggestion .

how about a drawing tablet so you can draw small crapy pics in your posts to help describe what your talking about -- like a drawing pen thing - so you can draw right into your post -- instead of havig to drawon paper and then scan, put on web page and then copy and paste

:agree that is a WONDERFUL idea! Perhaps such a drawing tablet could be incorporated as a Java applet... draw something with the mouse, click OK, and it's automatically included as an image in your post... what do the admins think about this?

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing the following as a part of SX.

1. A Sega release list, for example, have every game released for the genesis, saturn, dc in north america and different countries, including if the game is ntsc, pal, jap, eur etc.

2. Some sort of contests, getting everyone in the spirit to do something for the site, get everyone involved. Nothing too hard, and nothing too easy.

3. Remixed music sent in by visitors of the site, including in the info what program they used to compile the song, how long it took, etc etc.

4. A few more options in the "Other" Section of the message board, for instance adding an "Xbox" forum for users of the xbox to discuss various issues in. Sega releases on that system, so it makes a little sense.

These are just a few of the suggestiosn that I have for the site. If i've copied anyone here, I apologize as I just skimmed though the thread and decided to post.

-Ratamahatta

Suggestion 1: SX online tournaments. The following is a plan of a tournament hosting that could exist if netplay allows you to be able to just watch a game without actually being a part of it. I don't know if you can just watch a game, though I will still post an outline of what it could look like.
smile.gif

1st: A tournament game or genre is picked, the rules and how to win are discussed, the time in which it takes place is chosen. (eg, Round 1 of the tournament on the 28 feb, Round 2: 5 march, so on), and the channel where it takes place is chosen.

2nd: People put their name down to be in the tournament.

3rd: Once 8 players (maximum) have signed up, their opponent for the first round (another contestant) gets randomly chosen.

4th: Tournament commences. victors move up the ladder. (quarter-finals, semi-final, final.) Winner of each round is posted on message board.

5th: Winner of tournament earns a title that could be seen under name in message board.

Suggestion 2: Bring back the Segata Sanshiro commercials - After all, he is a true Sega hero
cool.gif

Back