Suggestions on what you would like to see more of on SX

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
That don't use up much space please!

All stupid posts will be deleted in the morning because im going to sleep right now!

I need a tub full of jell-o....

Well I'm here all the time as you know, and possibly a SCD/Gen/GG etc Codes Section would be a nice little addition considering actually how many people ask about codes in the forums. Possibly even a Games Listing with pics, so people see the games and what was actually released for the systems.

ain't there be a cheat section already?

I think there should be more music, i know it'll take alot of space, but music is nice. I'm in the process of making an Eternal Champions soundtrack...

Hmm, maybe the miscellanous should be classified down to dedicated pages, with more suggestive links, i mean a lot of people come, and don't go to the miscellanous page, and go straight to the forums to pout about their burning or swapping problems.... that's it for now

The Cheats page here isnt as expansive as it could be. I'm talking a hug page with loads of codes, which wouldnt take up too much space like music for instacne as it is all just html code.

just like the hundreds of already available cheat pages?

why the heck should SX copy off a ton cf codes that are already all over the net?

Well arn't you trying to go for an all in one Sega fan site?

Anyways, this is what I think should be done:

1. update the FTP page already, its completly outdated.

2. Put up the newest version of the Langrisser3 translation patch and a link to its home site on the DOCs/Translations page.

3. In the linx section add the different sites that are reliable wich sell things like mod chips/boards (ex: lik-sang, gocybershop.net, etc.)

4. Put the burning and swapping stuff in its own catagory, no one ever goes into the misc section because most people don't realize thats where that info is.

Thats pretty much all I can think of that should be done at this point.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 2:28 am on Feb. 28, 2002)

Exactly, have this site as an all in one site with the cheats, it also saves us from having to tell people where to get them in the forums.

Suggestions on what you would like to see more of on SX
I would like to see new emoticons. The current default batch of emoticons is too plain. Feel free to add any of these:

crying.gif
dance.gif
eek2.gif
evil.gif
fart.gif
finger.gif
kiss.gif
lol.gif
lol4.gif
lol5.gif
monkeypiss.gif
puke.gif
rotate.gif
rotfl.gif
smileysex5.gif
vampire.gif

(total size: 61 KB)

At the risk of flaring up the "lazy bum" (or "newbie", if you prefer) debate again, I'd like to suggest a "Forum Rules" page that clearly lists what to do and what not to do.

Maybe it would clear up many of the problems with people "misinterpreting" the rules so often.

No offence to you Curtis but that idea wouldnt fly and would be a waste of time. Very few of the n00bs actually adhere to the rules fo the forums, and if they do they bend and stretch them out of proportion. The rulesposted under the forums should be enough but most tend not to pay any attention to them.

Quote: from Fabrizo on 2:12 am on Feb. 28, 2002

Well arn't you trying to go for an all in one Sega fan site?

Anyways, this is what I think should be done:

1. update the FTP page already, its completly outdated.

2. Put up the newest version of the Langrisser3 translation patch and a link to its home site on the DOCs/Translations page.

3. In the linx section add the different sites that are reliable wich sell things like mod chips/boards (ex: lik-sang, gocybershop.net, etc.)

4. Put the burning and swapping stuff in its own catagory, no one ever goes into the misc section because most people don't realize thats where that info is.

Thats pretty much all I can think of that should be done at this point.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 2:28 am on Feb. 28, 2002)

1. I have left this up to several people that have volunteered to do it, and noone has sent me anything, it will sit like it is until someone updates it, I do not have the time.

2. Download the langrisser patch from TransNext's website

3. SegaXtreme is not a warez site, if people want modchips, go to those sites and find them on your own.

4. No, if they want to burn, they can navigate through the site, again, we're trying to stay away from the piracy oriented things (notice why we don't have ISO/ROM requests).

How about some more Avatars? Like... FF. Aeris is the only FF Avatar in there. You could at least put an Avatar of Cloud in there! :) ;)

I would suggest custom avaitars.

Also I DO like those Smilies! Are they compat with PHP? If so email me....I want those =)

Also a link to Genesis Collective might be good...most manuals and so are there. Also Red5 made a big E-Book containg MOST Sega game genie codes. Easier then hunting it down. Also I would "recommend" linking the Ftp page to the forum ftp page....I never really saw a use for the ftp html page.... Lets see.....I would say link Gens and Kega to the list. (You can make them one link as I have the pages linked together, soon Ages will be as well..) Also I think im gonna work on a massive php forum for all these....easier to manage. Anyways thats abit of inside news....anyways thats all I think of.

I agree with Arakon. There's plenty of great and full cheats pages out there. Fuck, if there's anything better than GameFAQs.com , then I've been really missing out...

Back