Super Gouls & Ghosts (SNES) - Game of the day - 17 August 20

I never did manage to beat this game, but from what I did play (a little more then half the game), it was quite good. Certainly chalenging, had good grafics (for back then), and the music fit with the environments.

Discuss.

SGnG has something that I really love in a game: decent difficulty. Is it just my imagination, or are most games made today just a bit too easy? Of course, maybe I just like difficult games; the latest Gamepro had this to say about the upcoming GBA port:

If you like to play SNES games on your GBA but have been saddened by the lack of really, really, really, really, really stupidly hard ones, here cometh your manna from heaven.

Sheesh, it's not that hard, is it? :biggrin:

Games in the last few years have been too easy.. Saw a cheap second-hand copy of Aliens vs Predator for the pc the other day and got it after reading on a lot of sites that it was quite the challenge, but I'm still getting through it fairly fast even on the hardest difficulty.

Give me R-Type any day :)

I dunno... I've gotten to the point where hard or overly long games no longer have a place in my playlist or my "to buy" list.

I have precious little time as it is to enjoy my hobby and I like finishing games. Games that flow nicely and keep me busy for about 10-30 hours are ideal!

Some of my favourite games of the last few years fit very nicely into this catagory, namely ICO, Shenmue, Shenmue 2 and Eternal Darkness. All of which I've played and beat multiple times....

Not sure where I was going with this :cool:

Back