Super Smash Bros. Brawl!!!

Don't sit down because you're gonna jump up and down with joy after hearing about this. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is coming to the Wii. It has included 5 new characters: Meta Knight, Pit, Zero Suit Samus, Wario, and Solid Snake. Yes, Solid Snake! Konami has agreed to let him be a playable character in the next installment. Masahiro Sakurai is also doing work on this game as well, and was at the press conference with Miyamoto being asked questions by audience members.

A story more into detail is located at http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150506&pid=928518.

Edit: the game will not make use of the Wii controller for fear it will "alienate those familiar with the pad", as confirmed by Miyamoto and Sakurai.

One of the first, first-party Wii games out the door and it won't actualy use the Wii controller??? Something doesn't sound right here...

2 updates to note. First, there's a slim chance that it would be a launch title; they said they only had a trailer to show and they're still hard at work on it, and expect it to be released in early 2007 :)cry:). Second, the game will use primarily the Gamecube controller and will have an option for use of the Wiimote for gameplay; IGN said it wouldn't, but the creators said it would.

Sorry for that mess up. Somebody said this, and another said that, so it's easy to mistake the right answer.

Uematsu created the main theme for the game. I'm hoping he's doing more of the music and with full orchestra like Melee had.

More characters would be nice. I'm hoping on Sonic and Diddy Kong to be included.

This is going to be the greatest Nintendo\multiplayer game ever made. EVER.

It's what every Nintendo fanboy has ever wanted and ever needed. A game and a meuseum at the same time. And the soundtrack.... *head asplodes with thought of*

Sure Nintendo is making us excited, but really when this game gets close to launch I wouldn't be suprised if we saw people like Olimar (Pikmin), Krystal, Slippy, and Star Wolf (Star Fox), well yeah you see my point. The list goes on and on. As said before, this is going to be the best game Nintendo has ever made!

Back