Surge protectors

Looks good. Remember 3 of those ports are surge protected, and 3 are protected + connected to UPS. This is common, they don't want you attempting to power 6 devices, just your PC + monitor + 1 other. Looks to have decent capacity, but don't expect 30 mins. Still, it will protect your equipment and give you some time to finish up.

yeah their little wizard said my setup would last about 5 mins.

plus it has the USB auto shutdown thing which sounds nice.

Well, it depends whats going on. You'll have to try cutting the power sometime to see how long it lasts. If you had a UPS rated for 5 or so minutes, it'd probably give you 30 seconds or less, hah.

no i mean -- it's "up to 30 mins", but you tell them exactly what you have hooked up to and they give you a realistic figure (5 min in my case)

What was confusing about my post? I was joking that if you had puchased a low-capacity UPS, it wouldn't have lasted for a minute with your system. I also said that to really see how long it'll last, you could just cut the power to that room/area when it has a full charge.

what would there incentive be to over-estimate the time on their wizard?

you would think they would under-estimate to try to get you to buy the more expensive models

I just ordered a Trip Lite Product also. I got the nternet Office 350VA Standby US6OUT (3SURGE) USB RJ11 25K. It says it has 12 mins of backup power at half load and about 4 minutes at full load. The best part of the deal is i got it on amazon for only 20 bucks...

Cant beat that :p

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 6, 2003 @ 10:08 PM

you would think they would under-estimate to try to get you to buy the more expensive models

No... my point is more that it *is* an estimate, and as such may not be accurate for your situation. Its a wizard, but it doesn't have magic powers :D

Originally posted by racketboy@Nov 6, 2003 @ 05:08 PM

To avoid legal troubles if someone uses it and sees that it's not lasting as long as they estimated. Hey you live in a country where people get millions suing because they were stupid enough to spill hot coffee on themselves.

Back