Sword of Vermilion

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
2006-10-15 to 2006-10-21; Sega Genesis / Sega Mega Drive

SWORD OF

VERMILION™ 16-BIT CARTRIDGE

Evil threatens the world of Vermilion. Armies of the evil Tsarkon march in conquest. All hearts look to you.

From your beginnings in the humble village of Wyclif, you must search the world for the eight rings of good. On the long road ahead you'll face treacherous governors and beasts ten times your size. You'll travel to 14 towns, and battle through 14 first-person dungeons where every corner can mean death.

Choose from dozens of swords and shields. Prepare to face the archmonsters, forked tails and hideous eyes of Tsarkon's minions. Talk with townspeople to learn the secret of the caves.

Be ready for hundreds of hours of adventure gameplay. Save up to three different games with battery backup. Over 30 spells and 20 special items—use them with care. At last, armed with the sword of Vermilion, you're ready to meet Tsarkon in the final struggle.

Sega of America, Inc.

P.O. Box 2167

South San Francisco, CA 94080

Made in Japan

(C)1990 Sega of America, Inc.

5 MEGA MEMORY

with battery backup

106 PAGE

HINT BOOK

INCLUDED

Attachments

• Sword of Vermilion.jpg
    Sword of Vermilion.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 145
I found the game repetitive, but the music is great!

It sounds very good considering the source hearing it comes highly recommended to all interested in videogame music.

I think this game is generally not considered as good as it really is. People say it's too repetitive. I admit it is a bit repetitive, but why shouldn't it be if the gameplay is good? The game is very playable and simple. It was one of the first adventure/rpg games that I could play without problems (I was 10 years old when I first played it).

I must say though that the 'hundreds of hours of adventure gameplay' as said on the cover is a little exagerated - I think it's more like 50 the first time you play it.

I agree with Kessinger - the music is awesome. It's very varied and the tunes fit the game perfectly.

All in all, I'd give this game 8.5 out of 10.

MasterAkumaMatata said:
stalepie: Thanks for the link.

BTW, did you register just to make that one post? LOL!

er, that and to thank SegaXtreme for the soundtracks over the years... :D

Thank you SegaXtreme!!

Back