System Collection

Ratamahatta

Established Member
Ok well, my sega system collection is getting up there, i'm just in need of a Model 1 Sega CD (Tray loading) and a CDX system, Model 1 Saturn. DO any of you know where I would be able to find the sega CD/X?

do u live in a big city? have you tried pawn shops? there are some pawn shops where the ppl there dont know how much cdx's are worth!

I know about the pawn shops all too well, I live in a place called Oshawa which is 20 minutes away from the big city Toronto. I was waiting to see if EB was gonna get one in because they'd sell it to me for 7.99!!!!! I bought a sega cd, genesis and all hookups and 2 controllers off them for 2.99 before.

ebay is your best bet. they go for around 90 bucks though. most you people hate ebay, but its because you dont know how to use it. its quite simple, just wait to the end to bid and be sure to get it, or just set up proxy bidding.

Also you might want to collect the JVC x'eye which was my first sega cd system that I later traded with some saturn games for a cdx back in '96...Wish i still had both the JVC was very nice...especially the sega cd bios music on it!! heh

I saw an X-Eye at a local pawn shop about a month ago for $25. I din't pick it up though cause I already have 3 gene's and 2 sega CD's, why buy another system when I can already play all the games it has to offer? Besides, like you said, X-Eye was never a "true" Sega product anyways.

Ratamahatta: is that pawn shop you were talking about in TO, or in Oshawa. If it's in TO, where? I've never been to one, but it sounds like they have some good deals...

it wasnt a pawn shop, it was an Electronics Boutique in Oshawa, along with a Cash COnverters in Oshawa, they had many good deals on equpiment at the cash converters, games for 2 bucks, saturn for 20. But they never seem to get a cdx, and if they do, i'm never there to see it.

I never wanted the x'eye, it was never a "true" sega system to me considering it was manufactured by JVC.

You know, it's entirely possible that many of Sega's systems were not actually manufactured by Sega, just as Microsoft doesn't manufacture XBox consoles (that is/was handled by these guys) and NVidia doesn't manufacture graphics chips (that's done by them and them last I heard)...

Ex, you know what I mean, I want only the original sega stuff as in genesis 1 and 2 scd 1 and 2, cdx, dc, sms, gg, nomad, saturn. those were the only systems I was interested in. x'eye is worthless to me, and if I were to buy one i'd try to sell it off for more than what I paid for it.

Quote: from Ratamahatta on 6:43 pm on Jan. 31, 2002

it wasnt a pawn shop, it was an Electronics Boutique in Oshawa, along with a Cash COnverters in Oshawa, they had many good deals on equpiment at the cash converters, games for 2 bucks, saturn for 20. But they never seem to get a cdx, and if they do, i'm never there to see it.
EB sells 'old' stuff?! I never thought of that - I always assumed they only stock the latest gadgets. Is this something particular to the store in your area, or do all EBs do that?

Yeah, EB sells old stuff but only if they get it in for some weird reason or another. Plus they usually dont have it on the floor when they do have it iin, you'd have to ask them if they ever get old stuff in.

Back