Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Originally posted by racketboy+May 6, 2003 @ 08:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 6, 2003 @ 08:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-cherok@May 6, 2003 @ 04:45 PM

nope, no new movie. John Woo was set to direct a 'darker' CG Turtles movie, but it fell through ome time ago. Although the TV shows are still going

It says (Sorry, 80's rapper Vannilla Ice (TMNT Secret of the Ooze) will not be unlockable

supposedly it was supposed to come out already:

http://www.geocities.com/jox2k1/juldec02/tmnt.html [/b][/quote]

Oh man does that ever look like shit.

laugh.gif
LOL, "go ninja, go ninga, go!"

Ok, ok. that sparks my memory.

Originally posted by Gallstaff+May 6, 2003 @ 08:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ May 6, 2003 @ 08:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by racketboy@May 6, 2003 @ 08:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-cherok
@May 6, 2003 @ 04:45 PM

nope, no new movie. John Woo was set to direct a 'darker' CG Turtles movie, but it fell through ome time ago. Although the TV shows are still going

It says (Sorry, 80's rapper Vannilla Ice (TMNT Secret of the Ooze) will not be unlockable

supposedly it was supposed to come out already:

http://www.geocities.com/jox2k1/juldec02/tmnt.html

Oh man does that ever look like shit. [/b][/quote]

I'm hoping that wasn't the finished GCI

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@May 6, 2003 @ 03:50 PM

So far we have: new game, new movie, new TV show. Guess they're trying to revive the franchise. But I'd just be happy if they replayed all the old Turtles episodes. That show was sweet.

This new game looks awesome though!
biggrin.gif

yea! they should replay the old turtle eps........i'm having to download eps with german subbs off kazza!

and er....any sign of Casey Jones in any of the new games!

or any of the following........

General Traag

Shredder

Rocksteady

Baxter Stockman

Bebop

Leatherhead

The Rat King

hey....all bad guys too!

do the names ring any bells with anyone?

Originally posted by racketboy@May 6, 2003 @ 10:50 PM

do the new turtles cartoons have the same enemies?

'cause the new games are based on the new shows

screw that!....if none of the old charas are in the new ep.....i'm going back to watching the poorly dubbed funimation release of Dragonball GT!
angry.gif

I'm not jumping up the ceiling either. I may be a lamer, but I prefer the late 80's, early 90's cartoon version of TMNT. The one that ran on Fox and later on on CBS around 1991/92. However I just can't get warm with this "dark design" from the comics (? Ida know, I just saw the cartoon) and the later series, which was running in '99 here in Germany (not to mention the corny liveaction powerrangercloning version).

My point simply is that I don't like the chardesign of the new game
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by VertigoXX@May 6, 2003 @ 08:27 PM

The new TV show is pretty awesome, if anyone's been watching it. Longer storylines, darker plots, much more like the original Mirage comics than the 90's cartoon. Mirage is back publishing a new comic series picking up after the original. The storylines have been pretty good, but the artwork hasn't been so great. Dreamwave (the people publishing the new Transformers comics) will be publishing a new TMNT comic series based on the new cartoon, with Peter David writing.

Do you live in the US? When is it on and what channel?

Oh come on who gets up that early over the age of 5? I need my sleep damnit. Breakfast is lunch for me.

cramp twins?

cartoon about adolescent girls getting their first periods or something?

kevin eastman publishes heavy metal now, has for a while. he also married juliie strain, which is pretty fucking cool

Kevin Eastman is no longer involved with the Turtles, as he sold his half to Peter Laird a few years back. Besides Heavy Metal magazine, the second Heavy Metal movie was also Eastman's baby, as writer, producer, and his wife the basis for the main character.

Laird, besides lining up everything for the TMNT relaunch and writing the Mirage comic series, has also done a comic series called Planet Racers.

There is a nice article in PSX Magazine (I got a free subscription -- I don't own any Sony Systems) on the new game. It includes some other screens that I may scan.

It also said that there is a versus mode that includes Shredder and Casey Jones as selectable characters.

It also says that each character has their own unique fighting style.

Sounds cool so far!

Originally posted by racketboy@May 7, 2003 @ 10:56 AM

Sounds cool so far!

Hey, just like the NES version. I remember each turtle had their own weapon and fighting style.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart+May 7, 2003 @ 03:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tindo@heart @ May 7, 2003 @ 03:22 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@May 7, 2003 @ 10:56 AM

Sounds cool so far!

Hey, just like the NES version. I remember each turtle had their own weapon and fighting style. [/b][/quote]

well I'm assuming it will be more advanced than the NES game
smile.gif

What in the blue hell?

Teenage ninja mutant turtles? That's gotta be wrong right, that just can't be it's new name because the button icon says Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Someone's gettin sued...

Back