Testing Yaul Windows (64-bit) installer

mrkotfw

Mid Boss
I've made an installer to test. It's non-intrusive. You can remove the directory easily. (Remove C:\yaul).

Here is the the link. It's an executable.

Go to /opt/libyaul and use make in examples/simple/romdisk.

Everything should be working. If not, please report here.

Is there a reason for using an installer, rather than an archive? Ie. does it do anything that requires an installer?

Is there a reason for using an installer, rather than an archive? Ie. does it do anything that requires an installer?

It runs a script that downloads any necessary tools, downloads a prebuilt toolchain, extracts it, clones the repo, builds and installs the library. It also has a few workarounds.

The goal is to make it as easy as possible. And to go through the process of making an installer.

Edit: The installer also creates a home user.

Last edited:
will you reuse RedRingRico's some stuff of sssdk ? he did great job up to gcc 6.2, it enables nanomalloc for instance and some fixes.

I'm using my own implementation of SLOB, but I'll check out what the benefits of nanomalloc are. I can always include to give the option to the user.

As for GCC 6.2, is there a good reason to move up? Upgrading isn't always better.

That being said, the build scripts in yaul give you the flexibility to specify the version of the GCC tool-chain that you want built.

Back