Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Shitface

Established Member
Man, i just got back from seeing the movie. Boy, i havn't seen a good scary movie in a while. All i can say was it was a jumper! Anyone else see it?

Definently a movie to take your girlfriend to!

Yes I´ve seen it too its one of my all time favs we really have to pay attention to the end of the movie (look at the people in the jeep) :drool: And this ain´t a scary movie its far more than that.

Then you might hate the new Dawn of the Dead. I myself am looking forward to it. Though I'm still not convinced that fast moving zombies are the way to go. But I hear the fast zombies in 28 days worked very well. Still waiting to see it... maybe i'll rent it tonight.

Yes, we all know how plausible it is that a bunch of PETA activists would unwittingly unleash the pure essense of rage upon the world. ;)

Seriously, I liked 28 days later, but fast moving zombies just suck. And they certainly don't belong in any Night Of the Living Dead film.

stupid question, but related,has anyone seen House of the Dead??? I was thinking of seeing this, but wasn't sure...

Slow moving zombies never really scared me. The new fast moving ones are kinda creepy though. Have you ever read the resident evil books? In the second one there were zombies with machine guns or something like that.

jaded god's post is the only part of this thread that makes sense to me. i try to read the other parts, but.. i just... can't.

I don't know, there's something just strikingly fearsome about a mob of slow moving zombies coming after you. I think it's the prospect of them surrounding you and slowly ripping you apart, tearing into your flesh with their dull fingernails, taking hold of your quivering organs, ripping them out, and taking tremendous bites of it. Think about that scene from Dawn of the Dead with the guy sitting in the blood pressure machine thingy. Classic.

Originally posted by Nadius@Oct 27, 2003 @ 09:33 PM

I don't know, there's something just strikingly fearsome about a mob of slow moving zombies coming after you. I think it's the prospect of them surrounding you and slowly ripping you apart, tearing into your flesh with their dull fingernails, taking hold of your quivering organs, ripping them out, and taking tremendous bites of it. Think about that scene from Dawn of the Dead with the guy sitting in the blood pressure machine thingy. Classic.

Don't forget the trademark moaning zombies make while comming at you in large mobs, and the vacant stares with only one target in mind, freash meat.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Oct 27, 2003 @ 11:29 PM

you'd probably want to see the movies that we're talking about to get it.

gallstaff,

i've seen the new texas chainsaw.

if i wanted to see scream, i would watch scream. if i wanted to see something tasteful, brilliant, and frighteningly disturbing, i would watch the original texas chainsaw massacre.

Does the new one have the meat hook bit? *shudder*

I get pretty pissed off by remakes too.. If the original didn't live up to it's potential or something you could understand someone wanting another go, but that's not generally the case. The one that really aggravated me was when they did that Hollywood version of Ringu. I mean the film's only a couple of years old for fuck's sake.. I guess they figured the Western world is too lazy to watch a movie with subtitles, maybe they're right unfortunately.

Theres a NEW TCM?? I was talking about the original one, I knew there were some sequels and a official DVD edition done but a remake ...

I think there's been two remakes of the texas chainsaw massacre. The older one with renee zellweger and matthew mcconaughey, and this newer one.

Originally posted by Myname@Oct 28, 2003 @ 12:02 PM

Does the new one have the meat hook bit? *shudder*

I get pretty pissed off by remakes too.. If the original didn't live up to it's potential or something you could understand someone wanting another go, but that's not generally the case. The one that really aggravated me was when they did that Hollywood version of Ringu. I mean the film's only a couple of years old for fuck's sake.. I guess they figured the Western world is too lazy to watch a movie with subtitles, maybe they're right unfortunately.

Well, i havn't seen the original but if your talking about the guy that gets hung by a meathook in his back then yeah.

The Renee Zelliger and Mathew McConaoughy (however the hell it is spelt) one is a sequel, Texas Chainsaw Massacare: The New Generation.

Hollywood remakes plenty of not-so-old successful foreign films. And now a days, they do it multiple times for the same movie, and they usualy all suck. The Ring sucked, but Fear Dot Com sucked even more. Both were copies of Ringu.

And if the studios would do a little bit better job dubbing movies from other countries, more Americans would watch the originals.

As for the current trend of remaking our own classics, from what I'm seeing many are not true remakes. They're taking the ideas of the original but creating something new from it. I don't mind that when they come up with something better than the original, but that is so very rare. (Thirteen Ghosts was better than 13 Ghosts. The new Italian Job was great, but really not the same thing. The original Gone in 60 Seconds really didn't have much storyline compared to the remake.)

Dawn of the Dead, it looks good on its own, but I doubt it'll surpass the original. However, as it looks to be a seperate entity, merely using the title and idea of the original, I'll give it a shot.

The new TCM, I think I'll either wait for the cheap theater or DVD. The original was great in its own way, but not one of my favorites. (Psycho is my preferred Ed Gein inspired horror franchise. THAT remake sucked, by the way.)

Back