TG questions

schi0249

Mid Boss
I am looking into picking one of these up. I only ever had a TG-16. I want the system with the greatest compatibility for games. I am in the US and wouldn't mind a system that also supports Japanese imports, if possible.

If your main interest is CD based games, then either the original TG-16, or Duo units will play them fine. The big difference is the fact that you'll need the right system cards (2.0 or 3.0) for the original unit (which are near impossible to find), but not for the Duo. However, the original TG-16 unit with the CD add-on is a much more durable system than the Duo, which seems to always quit working. For playing Hu-Card's, you'll need a converter card for either system, and those are just as hard to find as the others are.

They reversed the data bus on the US HuCards, so you can't run Japanese HuCards on a US system without an adapter. US cards on a Japanese system require both an adapter and a region switch (for unknown reasons only US games actually check the region bit).

And Magic Engine is excellent in pretty much all respects.

Back