The Best 32X Games

racketboy

Established Member
Here's listing of top 15 recommended 32X games.

They were compiled by SX members and some of the least popular ones were voted off as well.

I did my best to rank them.

Thanks to all those who helped put this together.

Knuckles' Chaotix

Virtua Racing Deluxe

Star Wars Arcade

Virtua Fighter

DOOM

Tempo

Blackthorne

After Burner

Kolibri

Mortal Kombat II

Night Trap

Space Harrier

Shadow Squadron

Spiderman: Web of Fire

Metal Head

Can never make everyone happy.

If I cut it down people complain their favorite games aren't on the list

If I make it long people complaing any game can get on the list

**sigh**

Is that in any particular order? Because I had a lot more fun with Metal Head than Shadow Squadron, for example. I think you probably could cut that list down to 10, but it doesn't matter. The idea is to list some good games for a platform, so that people unfamiliar with the platform can pick out some titles to play.

Originally posted by Alexvrb@May 28, 2004 @ 06:14 PM

The idea is to list some good games for a platform, so that people unfamiliar with the platform can pick out some titles to play.

Exactly

Is that in any particular order? Because I had a lot more fun with Metal Head than Shadow Squadron, for example. I think you probably could cut that list down to 10, but it doesn't matter. The idea is to list some good games for a platform, so that people unfamiliar with the platform can pick out some titles to play.

Heh, yes, but as racket said, people will complain. I enjoyed Shadow Squadron much more than Metal Head, so there's a good example right there. ;)

Also, I think it's a sin that DOOM isn't on there. It's way better than Zaxxon Motherbase 2000, for example.

One more thing, should Night Trap really be listed? Because it's not really strictly a 32X game.

Originally posted by it290+May 29, 2004 @ 02:00 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(it290 @ May 29, 2004 @ 02:00 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Heh, yes, but as racket said, people will complain. I enjoyed Shadow Squadron much more than Metal Head, so there's a good example right there. ;)[/b]

You probably just got pwned, so that doesn't count :p

Originally posted by it290@

Also, I think it's a sin that DOOM isn't on there. It's way better than Zaxxon Motherbase 2000, for example.

I agree.

<!--QuoteBegin-it290

One more thing, should Night Trap really be listed? Because it's not really strictly a 32X game.[/quote]

I agree here, too. I would avoid any 32X CD game listings for that matter.

But none of it matters. I gave an example, and then I specifically said that it didn't matter and that it serves the purpose. If he REALLY wants to revise it, he can knock himself out. I'm not going to fight for it.

You probably just got pwned, so that doesn't count

Meh, I got the game with my 32X. I got to level five or six before I lost interest, and never played the game again. It's a cool concept, and I probably would have loved the hell out of it had I obtained it upon release (I was way into mechs back then, especially battletech-types), but 25 meter draw distance = teh suxs.

really? I wasn't overly impressed with Metal Head. Go kind of fed up with Star Wars as well. Doom was the only one I spent much time on.

the reason DOOM is off, is it voted off (see old thread for details)

I'll make a new poll and see if we can"fix" that ;)

Bleh. Poll.

Anyway, obviously the draw distance was weak. It wasn't like you were playing mechwarrior 2 on the PC, which I played a LOT. MW4 Mercs was also very good, I might add. I wonder what the next MW will be like. MechAssault is good, but its not as much of a mech sim.

Back