The Draft

Anyone else want the draft started back up in the states?

I hope they do i need some change in my life.

Then why don't you just join?

I would think if people aren't already in the military, they don't really want to be drafted.

I wouldn't want to be away from my wife, to be honest.

Hell no. I don't need no stinking draft
tongue.gif
. If yer really gung ho about military stuff, why don't you just sign up, maybe you should get specialized like getting into the green berets or navy seals. Do the covert ops type crap.

Actually a senator is going to introduce a bill this session which would make military service mandatory for every one. He thinks it would make Congress less apt to go to war. I think his theory is a little flawed. Otherwise if you are in college or going to go to college, I'd apply to the FBI or CIA once you're done. I've already passed the FBI exam and waiting back to know if they want to interview me. There's a lot of cool life changing crap out there, just look around a little bit.

lol-the draft would be one of the stupidest things ever. Its not like personel are really needed at the moment, and it kinda does infringe on freedom rights.

If it is started tho, I'll clean up my basement and make room for visitors. Ahhh, Canada, the land where hippies and fugitives from the states run to-and the access point for illegal imigrants to get into the US(other than the mexicain ones of course...they come from somewhere else :
wink.gif
: )

Be sure to bring all your Sega systems/games

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Jan. 06 2003, 8:55 pm

If it is started tho, I'll clean up my basement and make room for visitors. Ahhh, Canada, the land where hippies and fugitives from the states run to-and the access point for illegal imigrants to get into the US(other than the mexicain ones of course...they come from somewhere else :
wink.gif
: )

reserve a space for me
biggrin.gif

i'd be off to mexico myself

but, uh, yeah, the draft's about as good of an idea as prohibition

fuck, let's reinstate the draft and prohibition

Originally posted by doctorBone@Jan. 08 2003, 3:30 am

Actually a senator is going to introduce a bill this session which would make military service mandatory for every one.

Regardless of the merits of the idea, you could never afford it.

In some countries military service is mandatory for a few years. I'm not in favor of the draft as I don't really want to join. However if I got a notice I'd go. It's one thing to be scared of being in the armed services and stay away voluntarily but another to be a jerk and flee north just because you got a notice that your nation wants your service. When they can't get you they go after someone else who can't afford to runaway. It's also selfish of such people who think their life full of freedoms isn't worth a collect call.

Being a four-year Air Force Veteran, I am happy that I don't have to go through that crap ever again. When I joined, I wanted to be an officer and become an aerospace engineer while attending the academy in CO. Springs. I ended out being a "knuckledragging" mechanic working as ground support in the enlisted side. I remembered how much I wanted to fly, but politics got in the way and shot me down. I aced the pre-exams and skill knowledge testing, but I did not have any connections on the state or national level. On top of all that, I was treated more like an ass than an asset as an airman and I got out in '98. The high point of my military experience was being in Japan; I would love to go back!!

The draft should not be forced. I think that they should ask for any volunteers that would like to join up instead if it is ever reinstated and of course filter 'em out with criminal background checks, physicals, etc. That is the way I feel about it all.

Back