The good old days - Lets take a trip down memory lane...

Remember about ten years or so back, when mario was king and sonic was still planned to be a rabit in his first game instead of the hedgehog we know now? Well, until recently, I had forgotten completly about how nintendo was king. Sur, I knew they were king, but I didn't remember how it was back then.
So while I was going through some sites trying to build my commercial collection ever larger, I came across something that sparked my memory. It was a site with information on the old "Super Mario Bros. Super Show!". I found the information and pictures their fascinating to say the least, and so I halted my current activities and went on a search for information of what it was like in the gaming world back in the mid to later 80's. My searching proved to be quite rewarding, and so I thought to myself "hey, wouldn't it be nice if I could show some of this to some old nintendo fans, I bet they would love to see it".
So here is a pic from Captain N, and the opening+ending theme to the super mario bros show, as well as a pic from the show:

http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/ad/captainn.jpg
http://nesworld.parodius.com/files/smbss.ra
http://nesworld.parodius.com/files/mbssend.ra
http://nesworld.parodius.com/pics/ssh2.jpg

Those things are just from two sites I found, if people want to see more, ill post some more pics and such later. Im also working on getting some full episodes for download, seeing as the tapes are just about non-existant these days.

Hey, I remember the "Super Mario Bros. Super Show!" When it came out, I was like always trying to get home early from school on Fridays so that I could watch the Zelda cartoon that comes on only on Friday afternoons. I still remember Link's frequent line, "Well, excuuuuuuse me Princess." He was like always trying to get a kiss from Princess Zelda. AFAIK, he never got a kiss from Princess Zelda. The closest he ever got was the one episode where this reflection of Zelda (or something like that; she was a creature from Gannon, I think) came into this realm and was acting totally strange, hitting on Link and all. Link noticed she was fake when he saw that she didn't cast any shadows, but he played along with it because, I guess, he wanted some badly, real or not. LOL! ;)

Hey Karny, you changed your sig pic and avatar, how come?

But on to the reason im posting, I have some good news and bad news about my search for episodes. The Bad news is that I have yet to find "the Super Mario Bros Super Show!". But the good news is thatI have found about 30 episodes of the Super Mario Cartoon series, I think it may be the episodes from the super show, only with the normal actors removed, but its sort of hard to tell. From what some of my friends told me today, their was a mario seriessupposedly that came out in the early 90's, maybe thats what I got...
Anyways, thought you all would like to know the good news. If I can ever get on the NX ftp ill upload them for you all (I can't ever get on, Grrrrrr....). Oh, and I also found a high quality mp3 version of that intro music I posted above, here is the link to the site:

http://www.tvland.nl/kids/

Theirs a link to a zip file on that page, download it and rename it to a mp3.

Also, one last thing before I go: Karny, do you have any idea why I can't get on? I always get This error message:

Error 11001 (Host not found) finding address for host

If I can get on, I have like 30+ commercials for nintendo that I could upload, plus all those mario cartoons, so help me out here!

Perhaps you have bad timing (you try when the server is down)? I get in OK everytime I've tried. I've just uploaded that Super Mario Brothers Super Show intro song as well as the intro song for Poket Monsters on your behalf.

I finnaly figured out why I havn't been able to get on, its because I had user name and pass in lower case letters instead of them being cappitalized. Didn't realize it was case sensitive. Ill creat a folder named fabrizo, and up a bunch of commercials and stuff. Cheers :)

When it comes to FTP, you should be aware that login names and passwords are case sensitive.

BTW, the last time I tried to create a folder, it told me permission denied, so I was stuck uploading to the root. Just leave a text file telling who you are, what you've uploaded, etc.

Well, I noticed that I couldn't creat a folder also, but I didn't creat a text file. Instead I just added "Fab-" to the front of each file name. Making a text file would have worked to, but im already uploading. oh well.

Edit:
I just thought you might want to know that I uploaded the first episode of Captain N to the FTP along with the commercials. Enjoy :)

(Edited by Fabrizo at 2:00 pm on Nov. 15, 2001)

Hey, I've got one episode of the Super mario brothers super show! The show wasn't as good as the other DIC mario bros. cartoons in syndication 5 years later (i.e., super mario 3 and super mario world) Where I lived, they were on around 6 a.m. on saturdays. Hey, I can make copies or something if you want it. It wasn't a very good episode. Only one cartoon, and two sketches.

Grr.. yeah, too bad. Well, if any one has a voodoo tv card, or if you know someone, I can send it to them.

I also have some NES Commericals around.

I think I have the following, but not limited to:
-Yoshi's Island
-Super Mario All-stars rebate

Hey Karny, how much space does the upload FTP have? I have tons more stuff that I would be willing to upload, but im not sure about its space restrictions. Ill upload about 20 more videos as soon as tommorow if you want, unless im overdoing this uploading stuff.

That would be great, I'll delete allt he stuff you've uploaded till now.

I'm not sure how much space is available to NX on that FTP, I'm sure you can tell its hosted on Arakon's PC.

If there is a problem with space, message me through this bored, ICQ or on IRC and I'll download what you've uploaded and delete it etc...

Hey Karny, I finnaly found all of the Zelda episodes :). Unfortunatly however, they are all Realplayer files, and from talking on the chat room (before I was banned for no reson), I learned that most people here hate realplayer :(. Oh well, Ill upload the Mario episodes I have so far once I get the time. I have about 20 of them I think, and ill put FAB2- in front of them when I do, that way you can distinguish the old files from the new ones.

Yeah, RealPlayer is typically pretty hated, possibly because:

- The quality tends to suck

- It's an overblown attempt to get you to watch the content they want you to watch

- It used to be (might still be, I haven't checked lately) spyware

I would agree that people hate it, but at the same time until we find a better option, I think it would be better than nothing.

Fab, would you be willing to upload those Zelda episodes? I for one would be willing to install real player to watch those again. :)

Back