The Honest Scoop on Enter the Matrix

Hey Guys,

I've been hearing a lot about Enter the Matrix and while the reviews look pretty bad/mediocre, something gives me pause. I feel that the negative reviews to respond a lot towards a bitter reaction to the hype machine ETM was given. Now, I haven't played the game or seen Reloaded, but from what I've read the game seems intriguing. Perhaps Shiny wasn't going for a deep game. And, in trying to create a universal engine for all the next-gen consoles, I'm not surprised by the underwhelming graphics.

Again, I haven't played it, but I'm wondering : is the game really that bad?? Is it at least worth a rental?

I haven't seen any reviews or hands on for it yet.. Nothing more than hype so far. But from the video feeds I've seen it looks pretty mediocre. And I know Shiny is fairly effecient at creating underwhelming games(graphics and gameplay). They should've grabbed a more accomplished developer to really make a game that can stand up to the movie.

fun game, beat it in about 2 hours though....it's like max payne but with hand to hand combat added it....i'd say rent it first before you buy.

I'll be surprised if they sell as many as they were hopeing.

You may see it in discount bins a lot down the road.

I try to stay away from games based on movies.

Or vice versa.

Originally posted by Mr. Moustache@May 21, 2003 @ 02:12 AM

And I know Shiny is fairly effecient at creating underwhelming games(graphics and gameplay). They should've grabbed a more accomplished developer to really make a game that can stand up to the movie.

Are you saying Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 are mediocre games? Somebody please ban this guy.

I think it would be a travesty if they started banning people for having opinions. And it would probably wipe out the entire board for that matter.

Shiny has made some good games in the past, but as of recent they haven't exactly been pumping out the great games.

And also, I could by all means think that Earthworm Jim 1 & 2 suck mucho ass(I don't, though). I have a right to like any game I want to.

Back