The King of Lion? What is this odd Game I own?

Hello, I recently purchased a lot of Genesis games off eBay. And to combine shipping, I purchased a bunch off the same seller. One game I picked out and won was a odd looking game called "The King of Lion". After testing it on my Nomad, it appears to match the ROM of a game called "Mystical Fighter", but with a very differant title screen and intro. I can't find any info on this game, and because of the odd apearance of the cart and lack of and mention of Sega or some other third party, I think its a Pirate. Here is a picture of the box and cart,

http://TMcCloud.homestead.com/files/Aug20_01.JPG

This game is not listed on GameFAQS or on Genesis Collective, and Google has turned up no information.

If any of you have any idea as to what this game is, I would certainly apreciate it. Thanks!

from the looks of it it's a bootleg. pirates sometimes change title screens around or remove logos etc. the box is "normal" for a bootleg.

Thanks for the info. I'll see about getting it dumped.

If anything its the Japanese version of Mystical Fighter on a pirate cartridge, which (According to EmuChina) is undumped. All I have to compare it to is the English ROM, So I can't tell you if the intro is differant from the Japanese Version or not.

There is no Sega Logo or "Produced By" screen, or any copywrite information , so I'm pretty sure its a pirate. Definatly worth the $0.99 I paid for it.

Sizone, it would be "King of Lion (J) (Bootleg).bin"
biggrin.gif

Now if I could just get the boxart image out of my head I could start sleeping again...

yep. Dump it. I also have an interesting one i found at a market for 2 quid. six game cart with sega soccer (aka world cup italia '90), coloumbs, super monaco gp, revenge of shinobi, a stripped down streets of rage (one player only) and sonic 1. Anyone in the UK wanna dump it?

sure that's a bootleg, soldermonkey? there were several flavors of 6 in 1's around.

does it select games via a menu or by hitting reset multiple times? if it has a menu, I could prolly dump it.

Both my multicarts are menu driven. Look like they were actually released legally. If you want to dump the cart i'm sure i can arrange something

Soldermonkey- It's 100% a genuine cart. There were dozens of 6-in-1 carts released and that one came with later versions of the Megadrive in the UK. Very common.

In my area, actually finding a decent cart is uncommon. Still does anyone want to add it to the electronic ether? by methods i wont go into my megadrive has departed this life and i need to buy another one form the market

100% genuine? then why is streets of rage 1 stripped down?

ive never seen sonic 1 included on any compilation cart either (besides sonic compilation
biggrin.gif
)

here in australia we only got two different carts which were sold only with the megadrive 2.

a yellow one:

streets of rage 1

revenge of shinobi

columns

super hang on

super monaco (may have been thunderblade cant remember)

world cup italia 90

and a green one:

super monaco

super thunderblade

super hang on

alien storm

columns

world cup italia 90

I have a different multi-cart to the ones you listed there Wizeman. Mine includes:

World Cup Italia '90

Super Hang-On

Streets of Rage

The Revenge of Shinobi

Columns

Golden Axe

Maybe it was Golden Axe on that first one you listed, not Super Monaco or Chunderblade?

Originally posted by Curtis@Oct. 30 2002, 7:59 pm

Maybe it was Golden Axe on that first one you listed, not Super Monaco or Chunderblade?

ohmy.gif

Chunderblade??

Was the Mega Drive port really bad or something?

I've never played it, but I really like the original.

[edit] I just read a review of Super Thunderblade at The Genesis Project and it wasn't too kind.

Yup, there are loads of Multicarts. Definately genuine though - I see them everywhere and know someone who bought a Megadrive retail with the Sonic cart.

However, it was the last 6-in-1 cart to be produced.

Originally posted by mal+Oct. 31 2002, 2:35 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mal @ Oct. 31 2002, 2:35 am)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Curtis@Oct. 30 2002, 7:59 pm

ohmy.gif

Chunderblade??

Was the Mega Drive port really bad or something?

I've never played it, but I really like the original.

[edit] I just read a review of Super Thunderblade at The Genesis Project and it wasn't too kind.[/b][/quote]

A typo, I assure you
biggrin.gif

curtis your 6in1 description was accurate
biggrin.gif
it was golden axe i was thinking of.

super thunderblade was alright for a game that came with the system

Back