The Nintendo Wii

I play with my Wii all day.

I show my Wii to my friends and family

I think my Wii is broken...

I love the name. It's too funny.

Kuta said:
So I'm just wondering what you guys would call a new console if you had to think of a name?

Kind of late, but I'll take a crack at it for fun.

For sure, I wouldn't call it Wii.

I thought of it for a while, and Ambiance popped in my head. Nintendo wants to immerse gamers into the games they play, and they want to do so with emotion, intuition, and structure among other things. So when immersed, what causes the player to stay so? The surrounding, the atmosphere, the ambiance. Disagree? Have you ever played a really fun, exciting game and continue to play? Have you ever played a really lame, boring game and quit quickly? It's because of the ambiance the game delivers.

Plus, such a name would be very good against competitors. Playstation 3 sounds so mundane, so average. Not much emotion coming from that name. And how about Xbox 360? Not much there too.

Yeah, if I were in Nintendo's boots, I'd go with Ambiance because it seems like it would pull in a bigger audience than Wii, plus there's hardly any jokes related to the name unlike Wii which has a ton of them.

Totaly over it now. Nintendo stole E3 for sure.

Wii is going to kick serious ass. Never doubted you for a second Nintendo... heh heh...

Back