The Return of Ghostbusters

Kuta

Staff member
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/entertainment/4992624/gonna-ghostbusters

Hollywood studio Columbia is planning to revive its hit 1980s franchise "Ghostbusters" with a third film that will reunite stars Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, it was reported Thursday.

Entertainment industry daily Variety reported on its website that Columbia Pictures has already hired screenwriters Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky to write the third film in the money-spinning series.

The first two "Ghostbusters" movies -- about an intrepid team of ghost exterminators battling supernatural forces in New York -- grossed more than 500 million dollars worldwide in total.

Two other members of the original cast, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson, would also return for the third film, Variety reported.

Director Ivan Reitman made both the 1984 original and the 1989 sequel.

The third movie was being considered over a year ago though the problem they were having back then was that they couldn't convince Bill Murray to take part. It seems now they have been able to talk him into it so great news for this classic.

SAG26 said:
I heard that this movie might be computer animated, which I hope it isn't.

I haven't heard that, but god I hope not nonetheless. It just wouldn't be the same.

Back