The rumour mill keeps grinding

I don't see how this is likely to happen. There's really not much supporting info in that article, just allegations of "intense rumor". That's pretty weak...

Yeah...I doubt this will happen.

However I think its pretty clear that Microsoft is looking to aquire a major development house within the three major markets.

US...Bungie

Europe...Rare

Japan...?

Its only a matter of time before a developer out there bites. But Capcom? I would prefer to see them go after Enix or GameArts. Not that Capcom is a bad choice, but it would be nice to see some REAL Japanese RPG support.

Microsoft didn't say that they wanted a Japanese developer that makes RPGs in particular.

Seriously though, that would really suck if Microsoft bought CAPCOM!

I'm not anti-Microsoft, but I don't like seeing the "big fish" gobbling up the little ones.

I don't think that big co.s like Capcom or say, Konami will sell to Microsoft, but like 3rdman said, there's others like Enix that might sell.

I hope this turns out to be crap...

I love capcom
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
!!!

I'd hate to see microsoft take them over and then make a move like only releaseing capcom games on their systems...

Perpetuating rumours like this only serves as message board spam.

So some 14 year old made this up, and put it on a message board. Soon it spreads like wildfire. Now everyone has it in their heads that MS might purchase capcom.

In any event, big deal. They haven't been actually making anything (other than MvC) worth playing.

What's stopping MS from buying everyone, including Sony, Sega, and Nintendo? That's what I figure they'd do, strangle the console industry like they have the OS.

I think that if microsoft starts buying everything up, sony will try to get their share of companies in their back pocket... well that's not really the right expression but i don't thiink that sony could buy microsoft or vise versa.

*to all ms haters* quite your whining i mean if gates hadn't stuck it to ibm over dos ibm woulda been the brute force mother in the os industry and just cuz microsoft made a product the general public could use(the dumb asses that make up 90% of pc users) and has been successful at keeping it atleast with a good bit of quality in it and has been even more successful at making cash doesn't give you a reason to say oh he's successful we should burn him at the stake cuz i am working for minimum wage and i think he should be too.

end of rant...*line stricken*

and your right i think ms should go after a better developer like konami or one that cranks out good rpg's.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Sep. 28 2002, 5:58 pm

In any event, big deal. They haven't been actually making anything (other than MvC) worth playing.

I beg to differ....

I haven't come across a Capcom fighter I haven't grown to love.

Then ya got some nice shooters -- GigaWing etc

Then ya got the whole Resident Evil/Dino Crisis series

Capcom is like my 2nd favorite publisher next to Sega

What's stopping MS from buying everyone, including Sony, Sega, and Nintendo?

In order to buy a company, someone has to be selling - either the proprietor(s) in a sole proprietorship or partnership, or stockholders in a corporation. You can't buy something that's not for sale.

*to all ms haters* quite your whining i mean if gates hadn't stuck it to ibm over dos ibm woulda been the brute force mother in the os industry and just cuz microsoft made a product the general public could use(the dumb asses that make up 90% of pc users) and has been successful at keeping it atleast with a good bit of quality in it and has been even more successful at making cash doesn't give you a reason to say oh he's successful we should burn him at the stake cuz i am working for minimum wage and i think he should be too.

Oh, well, that explains it then. Anyone who doesn't unconditionally love Microsoft is a loser. Thanks for the clarification.

getting tired of listening to whining open source p******

Come on, now. That was just unnecessary. Would it make you feel better if I went and made the saturn-run distribution binary-only?

sorry i know it wasn't neccesary but i am quite tired of ppl labelling everything that has ms on it as bad it just gets annoying and hell i don't hate ms but i don't love em either they do good and they do bad nothing is perfect. so i ain't saying you have to love ms just don't hate them cuz they are rich and powerful its the way the world works if they din't have something ppl wanted they would be dead.

oh and ms doesn't have the kinda money it would take to buy sony and all of them. plus certain anti-monoploy laws would curtail ms's attempts.

Okay, I'm now pretty confident that any rumor of a total buyout is quite likely to be bunk. Why?

Investor Relations page? Check.

Public stock market listing? Check.

Originally posted by ramirez60@Sep. 28 2002, 6:30 am

What's stopping MS from buying everyone, including Sony, Sega, and Nintendo? That's what I figure they'd do, strangle the console industry like they have the OS.

Probably something to do with Sony being a bigger company than MS
tongue.gif
And they have tried to buy out Sega and Nintendo in the past, and failed

Back