The Suffering....

stack99

Established Member
I just played a demo of this SICK up comming game by Midway for at least XBOX and PS2 .... and man oh man, this game is max payne meets manhunt... wow... what a sick and twisted game, the demo all but breif is a gory resident evil type game with beautifully detailed graphics and a sickly errie story line to boot.... I think there are avi's on www.nuke.com... but if you have an xbox pick up this months oxm mag... its well worth it.. man this one looks scary... lol :lol:

I'm betting on this game being a real stinker.. Looks like cheap shock tactics to compensate for a lack of interesting ideas/gameplay to me. Not that Midway would ever dream of such a thing.. Mortal Kombat anyone?

In any case, I can't see it being particularly scary if all it does is confront you with a constant barrage of hideousness (as I've read) since it tends to be what's hinted at, rather than what you see, that gets nerves jangling.

If it turns out to be any good, I'll eat my hat 😉

Oh I am not saying it will be the "next big thing" but when you play it, I can't help but think back to the first time I played resident evil... (for some reason). But the game is nice graphically, and it has a sweet first player mode, imo, its nice, but take it with a grain of salt.... 🙄 😎

I wasn't trying to put a damper on your enthusiasm (honest 🙂). I downloaded a video of it a few months back as I thought it might be alright, being a big lover of horror games. It just looked a bit shoddy to me.. Add that to the fact that I can't remember a Midway game I ever enjoyed and you get my negative outlook.

Originally posted by Myname@Jan 25, 2004 @ 07:14 PM

I'm betting on this game being a real stinker.. Looks like cheap shock tactics to compensate for a lack of interesting ideas/gameplay to me. Not that Midway would ever dream of such a thing.. Mortal Kombat anyone?

Well, to be fair, the original MK was the first "combo-based" fighter (and like, the second real fighter ever - with Street Fighter 2 being more "special-based"), and while MK did stagnate quite a bit over the years, Deadly Alliance was very good.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:34 AM

Deadly Alliance was very good.

That's your opinion and your entitled to it 😉.

To be fair, they did make some classics back in the early eighties..

MK2 was sweet, and the first was good for it's time. Deadly Alliance is....eh. It's ok but not worth 50 bucks. maybe like 10. A good rental atleast, the combos you can pull off are great 🙂.

I have played a good many jap games that blow as well as american games. I would have to say more "good" games come from japan but that's cuz they make more of em there. there are also more "crappy" games that come out of japan for the same reason.

also, just cuz u find it a crappy game doesn't mean sumone else thinks it's crappy.

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Jan 27, 2004 @ 12:24 PM

also, just cuz u find it a crappy game doesn't mean sumone else thinks it's crappy.

Unless it's Revolution X for the Saturn :lol:

I remember being a big aerosmith fan and loving revolution x in the arcades. Then I came to the realization that it was just that terminator game with different graphics.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Jan 26, 2004 @ 05:09 PM

bah, the greatest game ever was made in america (myth: the fallen lords, in case you are wondering).

Mechwarrior II.. most definitely. X-Com: UFO Defense would be a close sec.. uhm.. nevermind.. X-Com was developed in Europe wasn't it?

Conkers bad fur day was european made I'm pretty sure. Not Japanese, but it still kicks. And we can't forget donkey kong country. Rare is english right?

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:27 PM

Conkers bad fur day was european made I'm pretty sure. Not Japanese, but it still kicks. And we can't forget donkey kong country. Rare is english right?

Yes, thet're in Europe somewhere. Although, they seemed to drop off the side of the earth once Microsoft bought them.

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Jan 26, 2004 @ 10:49 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Supergrom@Jan 26, 2004 @ 09:39 PM

Does Halo count as recent?

Amazing, only one title. [/b][/quote]

We all know no one would be able to do it.

Prince of Persia was pretty good but that was made in Montreal.

Back