There's a board missing..

I personally like SX. I am excited about VGR. They are doing some interesting things that SX does not have.

Originally posted by chakan@Nov. 18 2002, 7:02 pm

I think a lot of you need to be a little bit more fucking grateful for everything Iceman's done for you. Thanks to him, you've had a place to gather and a place you more than likely got free games through. So STFU and be a little more fucking curteous. You're using resources he's paid for, so stop being so damn rude.

And that sentiment goes to a lot of those folks "waiting on VGR, so I can jump ship." You should appreciate the fact that you have a place to gather and hear VGR news until the site comes online.

It's not so much the lack of gratitude, it's much more that it's become a place where most find a great deal enjoyment, and isn't rife with the stupid nonsense that populates other boards. It's a place that one could be proud of being associated with.

However, an FTP forum changes the meaning of SX drastically. Before, it was a site that was dedicated to the memory all things Sega - now (at least, in my mind) it's seeming a fansite based on the fact that there is easy proliferation of Sega games. And as someone else pointed out, the content on SX is somewhat lacking, so for an outsider, it's only a glorified warez/abandonware site. Taking that outsider perspective again, if you take away that forum, what is left of SX? If you're not one to visit the boards, then there isn't really anything.

Granted, the stupid nonsense that was occuring before when the FTP board was open isn't happening now. Ok, it happened for a short duration, but is now over. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

I think these boards contain too many people that are long winded (including myself) and that everyone just needs to chill and go with the flow, the constant bickering and negative disscusion is almost laughable, it's a message board on the internet and we act as if it's a battle zone :
wink.gif
:

Also i've asked before, but never gotten a clear answer, who is paying for VGR?? Who's dream was it?

Originally posted by chakan@Nov. 19 2002, 11:02 pm

stop being so damn rude.

You tend to make valid points Chakan, but I feel you should probably take your own advice before anyone will start respecting them. By the way, your site's looking lovely these days with the new layout and all.

I think maybe the problem people have most is that the staff created a poll to let us voice our opinions, provoking debate, only for us to be told that what we thought didn't matter and that we should all shut up.

It seems as if this whole thing is a brush off to those of us who are still here because we love the site. We stuck around through all the crap with Mysticales, Skank and Revquixo, the FTP section going and it coming back because we are loyal to the place and we like to talk Sega. Instead of bringing in new content to the site to make it more attractive and bring in more traffic, we instead find that the FTP section returns as a sort of quick fix to bump up the active members (at least that's the way it looks). To feel like you don't matter at all to the site is kind of shitty given that we're the one's still here after these weird months.

Yeah, I know, crank out the violins
tongue.gif

Once I get the scans section up and a couple other sections the ftp wont be the only thing new here
biggrin.gif

You guys sure like to argue alot though. Take a moment to breathe
biggrin.gif

That's good to hear
smile.gif

And anyway, we're Sega fans, we get a lot of practice complaining and being bitter.

Remember the days when we used to battle agains the SNES gusy over which was better the Genesis or the SNES?

Ahhh, the memories!

How about a total site overhaul? After 2+ years it's a bit tired looking.
biggrin.gif

Besides, there a couple decent photoshoppers here, I think.

---

As an aside, it's kind of sad that people are willing to host FTPs but can't host content on the site itself.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Nov. 20 2002, 4:43 pm

As an aside, it's kind of sad that people are willing to host FTPs but can't host content on the site itself.

Has anybody asked them?

Originally posted by Myname+Nov. 19 2002, 10:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Nov. 19 2002, 10:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-chakan@Nov. 19 2002, 11:02 pm

stop being so damn rude.

You tend to make valid points Chakan, but I feel you should probably take your own advice before anyone will start respecting them. By the way, your site's looking lovely these days with the new layout and all.[/b][/quote]

Thanks for the compliment. :)

As far as my following my own advice, I'd like to know what you're referring to. Perhaps the vulgar language peppering that post? Ehh... I used it to grab attention. Kids seem to look and pay attention when you use words like FUCK, DAMN, or SHIT. :)

Originally posted by mal@Nov. 19 2002, 3:45 am

Has anybody asked them?

It was in reference actually, very pointedly I might add, to none other than Mr. 50-gigabytes-and-proud-of-it himself, whose usefulness to the site waxes and wanes with the FTP board.

As goes the power, so goes the willingness to help. Go figure.

Originally posted by chakan@Nov. 20 2002, 8:51 am

As far as my following my own advice, I'd like to know what you're referring to. Perhaps the vulgar language peppering that post? Ehh... I used it to grab attention. Kids seem to look and pay attention when you use words like FUCK, DAMN, or SHIT.
smile.gif

Yeah, that's what I meant, and that's fair enough. Even though I don't think too many here are 'kids' to be honest. Most are probably in their twenties.

Oops, double post. Got an internal server error when I posted, don't now if maybe there's a problem there..

Originally posted by Myname@Nov. 19 2002, 10:21 pm

That's good to hear
smile.gif

And anyway, we're Sega fans, we get a lot of practice complaining and being bitter.

HA HA HA that is so true !!
biggrin.gif

I'm beginning that there's Republicans and Democrats visiting the SX forums. Both like Sega, but the Reps favor the FTP forum while the Dems whine that they had at last abolished that same forum, only to be overthrown recently
wink.gif

I mean, think of all the parallels between SX and politics...*grin*...

there's the vote for/against FTP that was turning out 50-50, then abandoned, followed by a declaration that FTP was to come back...kinda sound like the Florida election debacle, no?

It seems more to me that we have a whole bunch of people, most of them (possibly all) good people at heart, with conflicting views on a very touchy subject. I personally am for the FTP forum, but it has to be moderated. It can be here without a huge problem.

If everyone who has an FTP posts their info in the FTP forum once, that is all they have to do. Any questions they feel they want to ask, they go right ahead. If anyone posts a message such as "Which FTP has the best games" or "What is the best FTP?" or "Direct me to the gamez" then the message is deleted. Repeated posting of such crap gets them banned.

How does this stuff, and it is almost entirely confined to the FTP forum, affect the everyday use of the message board for those of us who are here to discuss SEGA games, concoles and realative goodness?? We ignore that.

If there are those of us who like FTP's and want to host one or use one, then so be it. Why does that make them a bad person? A lot of us have used the FTP before and are over the fad, but does that mean that it has to go away? Not necessarily.

Why does everyone have to get so worked up over it. I believe it is more a personal grudge than anything else. Skank and Rev hate Rat and vice-versa.
angry.gif
I personally have nothin against any of them and like them all for their postings and relative styles. They have all provided me with countless laughs (intended and otherwise) and I do not wish to see any of them go away over this dispute.
blush.gif

I believe we can all co-exist on this message board in harmony. And with the combined contributions of all, this board is a great place to come and read news as well as maybe help out others with SEGA problems they have or just find out something new that we never knew about SEGA. I've learned a lot since I started coming here.
love.gif

Peace

there's the vote for/against FTP that was turning out 50-50, then abandoned, followed by a declaration that FTP was to come back.

Well, actualy "Against" was beating "for" by about 3 to 4 votes and was going on strong until the poll was killed. Not to mention almost all of "For" was new signups just recently, compared to all the "Against" who's been here for ages.

Back