Thinking about taking my US Dreamcast to Europe

The TV looks compatiable but i'm more worried about getting an electric converter for the DC. Does SEGA sell one for just this or is any old converter reliable enough? If it is of any importance i'm bringing it to Croatia.

Dunno what voltage or TV standard Croatia uses. Any voltage converter should do as long as it can handle about 30 watts of power. However, unless you find an NTSC TV, the best you can hope for is a black-and-white image, and that's not even considering the 50Hz/60Hz refresh rate issue. Then again, a VGA adapter and VGA monitor would free you from these restraints...

Originally posted by Taelon@May 24, 2003 @ 11:46 AM

However, unless you find an NTSC TV, the best you can hope for is a black-and-white image, and that's not even considering the 50Hz/60Hz refresh rate issue.

Most modern PAL TVs can do NTSC. It might be worth checking first.

Originally posted by DanHibiki@May 23, 2003 @ 07:06 PM

How much would a vga converter go for? Is that for the TV or the Dreamcast?

$20-40 depending on the varying quality.

This is the nifty little gadget that you use to hook up the DC to a VGA monitor. Usually, it looks like a cable/box combo thing with a female VGA cable (the box part) on one end and the DC RF cable on the other (the standard cable that goes in the DC).

Beware though, some games aren't compatible with a VGA box and will show up wierd on the monitor, and some just won't work at all.

Any modern TV supports ntsc, what you´ll have to get is a step down converter (transformer) , Saturn and Dreamcast use standart energy cables so you can plug the converter with no sweat, what I use in my Saturn (JAP) in here (Portugal) is this Input 230AC 50Hz 110mA / Output 110 AC 50HZ 270mA, you´ll have to get Input 220AC 50Hz / Output 110AC 60Hz or something like that. If someone that knows electronics and such do confirm and correct if necessary. I think this should work scrool down.

cool guys, i got it now. Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

Back