Thinking about translating Magical School Lunar

Does anyone know if Naflign Ego left behind any documentation on how the text was extracted from Lunar Magic School (the Saturn Version)? I noticed that they had some success, as evident by the screenshots at The Whirlpool, but I don't know much else.

msl_naf_20000822.jpg

I had hoped that something would of been left behind as I've been trying to find a way of translating the 'start' menu, battle menus, and items (if only to increase the accesability of the game for those with no knowledge of japanese). Perhaps by doing so, I could then drum up more support for a full-blown translation (something which I'm not completely capable of doing).

Anyway, if I can't find anything, then I'll have to begin working at it on my own. But if anyone wants to share any information they know (ex. where the text is, how it's may be encoded or compressed, whether I'll need a decompiler, etc) then feel free to let me know.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I seem to recall that most of the dialogue text was in the S*.FLD files. As for the menu's, etc. I really don't remember. Although I doubt you'd generate a whole lot of interest with this game anyways, as a number of people I've talked to that know japanese seem to really hate this game. In fact, I'm kind of suprised d-boy didn't make a surprise appearance and go on a rant about how bad this game is.

Cyber Warrior X

I'd still play it. But I'd rather play translated Lunar 1/2 on Saturn, even if just for the novelty of it. In other words, there are things that need translating more desperately. Well... not just translating.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Mon, 2005-02-07 @ 06:41 PM

I'm kind of suprised d-boy didn't make a surprise appearance and go on a rant about how bad this game is.

我来了! This game is really fucking bad. :puke:

If anyone actually cares about why, they can use the search feature and find the long rant I made about it a few years ago. Too much to do to waste time that time again.

Back