This site claims to sell 64 pin mod chips

At first glance, no.

I haven't yet had a chance to have an in depth look, but it doesn't look good.

The manuf code stamped on the PLD in the middle of that mod board doesn't really mean much. As long as its a 16V8 and it has the same JEDEC file programmed into it , they would be electronically identical.

MrS

That is what I was thinking. I am just trying to think of reason why this isn't work on my 64pin, even tho the site claims it will. Do these modboard have region codes build in, so that a PAL unit can play all region? Has anyone tryed this modboard on a PAL 64pin or JAPAN 64pin version? This may not be the case because it may work on a 32pin US version, but I havn't try it on one.

I don't think any mod boards do region switching on their own. But if the mod is installed correctly and you play a different region game, you will get the 'disc not suitable for this system' screen.

I believe I've seen a modboard that did region switching on their own, not recently though. And I could have dreamt it. :)

Originally posted by it290@May 7, 2004 @ 11:51 PM

I don't think any mod boards do region switching on their own. But if the mod is installed correctly and you play a different region game, you will get the 'disc not suitable for this system' screen.

Nop :p

"Disc unsuitable for this system" <- No saturn-game cd inserted.

"Game Disc unsuitable for this system" <- Foreign *original* Saturn CD

:)

Originally posted by ZoNeD@Apr 29, 2004 @ 05:23 PM

I when out and purchased a saturn today. I came home and check to see what IC it had. It was a damn 64pin :angry: . I purchased the V2 modboard from the site above, so I though I would be OK. After installing the modboard I tryed to play an original game. It did not boot the game :damn: but it did play the audio tracks. I followed all the instructions to the "T". I hope mal has better luck.

:eek:mg: I to must second with ZoNeD. I have a 1996 June Malaysia 64pin IC, and purchase the so-called V2 Modchip. At first glance it looks very promising. But in the end all I can get is Audio. Same problem with my Jadman Modchip. I guess I have no choice but to hunt down a 32pin SS. :looney Oh and yeah I tried different ways of manipulating the Modchip. Still didn't work. :blah

Attachments

• mychip2.jpg
    mychip2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 108
  • mychip2.jpg
    mychip2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 107
  • mychip2.jpg
    mychip2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 103
Does anyone know of a 20- pin mod chip?

Even if There is one, it won't be easy- The power supply is attached to the lid :(

Originally posted by Virgil@Jun 7, 2004 @ 05:38 AM

Does anyone know of a 20- pin mod chip?

They exist, but you're a few years too late to find one easily.

Originally posted by jammerboy+May 10, 2004 @ 08:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jammerboy @ May 10, 2004 @ 08:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ZoNeD@Apr 29, 2004 @ 05:23 PM

I when out and purchased a saturn today. I came home and check to see what IC it had. It was a damn 64pin :angry: . I purchased the V2 modboard from the site above, so I though I would be OK. After installing the modboard I tryed to play an original game. It did not boot the game :damn: but it did play the audio tracks. I followed all the instructions to the "T". I hope mal has better luck.

:eek:mg: I to must second with ZoNeD. I have a 1996 June Malaysia 64pin IC, and purchase the so-called V2 Modchip. At first glance it looks very promising. But in the end all I can get is Audio. Same problem with my Jadman Modchip. I guess I have no choice but to hunt down a 32pin SS. :looney Oh and yeah I tried different ways of manipulating the Modchip. Still didn't work. :blah [/b][/quote]

Works in my 64 pin saturns. Have you tried the pulling the modchip just slightly out?

Push the modchip down, then pull it up slightly. Works for me.

I haven't touched my saturns in a few months but I'll start up again when I have the time. I just got in about 5 systems but don't know what pin count they are yet.

ive got 2 of these "v2" mods and tried them both in 3 different 21 pin/64 pin saturns... same as everyone else... wont play originals or cdr's.. just reads the disc as audio...

Tried 014 and 019 configs no change.

anyone got any pointers for these (pics of your installations would help.

this is really frustrating as I have done 1000+ playstation2 mods (18 wires to 66 wires!) and i cant get a 1 wire plus ribbon mod to work in a damn saturn !!!!!

help please !!!

:)

malty

:damn:

Does anyone know the reason behind 64 pins not working properly,and why some people seem tobe able to get it to work but others are having no luck? I can't help but feel that installation is affecting something here,or perhaps like jandaman said the mod may be incorrectly placed and is shorting something out.....I do not know how the 64 pin saturns are layed out but I have seen this mentioned before and I have seen similar crap happen on other systems.Or maybe not all 64 pin chips are equal and there are different revisions some that work with mods,and some without?

I've got a new saturn to pick up later hopefully it won't be a 64 pin but if it is i'll try and help figure this out.

Originally posted by Darklegion@Jun 16, 2004 @ 02:07 PM

Or maybe not all 64 pin chips are equal and there are different revisions some that work with mods,and some without?

I suspect that it's a difference in mods, but it could well be a subtle difference in CD board hardware.

Well new saturn is a 20pin model 1 so no go there.But the power supply of this saturn gave me the information to fix my 21/64 pin model 1,so I'll probably try a mod on that.Anyone selling these mods in Australia at the moment? Or where do aussies normally import from,I don't want to get hit by poor exchange rates,or distant locations and thus slow postage times.

I've got some, but AFAIK they don't work in 64 pin Saturns.

I'll have another go this weekend and see what happens.

Nope, nobody has confirmed any one source of Modchips to work in the 64 pin Saturns. Its basically hit or miss, and it seems like there are more misses than hits.

From my experience, for US saturns try finding ones manufactured in August, Sept, or October 1996. Its possible that ones manufactured in November, December etc could also be 32 pin, but I have yet to find any to see what the cut off date appears to be. Also anything before and inclduing July 1996 seems to be 64 pin also.

Back