to the site managers sugestion

can you make the time out to be longer there were a bunch of times where im typing something and click to post and i get sent to the login page and lost what i was typing

Originally posted by googlefest1@Aug. 03 2002, 7:44 am

can you make the time out to be longer there were a bunch of times where im typing something and click to post and i get sent to the login page and lost what i was typing

Try previewing the post as you go along.

It may help you post more clearly too.
tongue.gif

well this isnt a bug

and for the second guy nobodys moving anything im timing out (im guesing) when im writeing a long message

Thats a problem with your side sir, I've left my computer up while writing a response and gone to work then came back and finished it.

it cant be my pc ive wrteen stuff from 3 different pc home work and school and it happends on all three one is xp pro and the other 2 are 98 that would be some coincidence

but i basicaly now just make sure i copy what i wrote to clip board before i press the add post button go through the login again and then paste back in

Try closing all of your browser windows and deleting the cookie for this board. That usually helps when you randomly get logged out.

Originally posted by googlefest1@Aug. 05 2002, 8:11 am

it cant be my pc ive wrteen stuff from 3 different pc home work and school and it happends on all three one is xp pro and the other 2 are 98 that would be some coincidence

but i basicaly now just make sure i copy what i wrote to clip board before i press the add post button go through the login again and then paste back in

This couldn't possibly have taken more than 15 seconds to write...

I would check your PC since ikonboard has no "time out" option.

ok ill try the cookie thing

no that didnt take that long to write im talking about other things ive written

i gues it the PCs i use

ie 6 has the little thing to stop unauthorized and unsigned cookies i know with the message board i have to shut it off cause it won't let me log in and at the one just above being shut off it causes me too time out.

You just have to enter the "Privacy" tab in internet options and change the slider so that you are accepting all cookies. It worked for me.

Back