Tomb Raider

Originally posted by EThugg@Aug. 20 2002, 5:14 am

Oh no! I tell it like it is to some retards who suck at a game, and I might get banned! Whatever will I do when I'm exiled from this board of Sega 'loving' pirates?? Boo hoo! My words stand, regardless of if I get banned or not.

1. I finished Tomb Raider years ago very easily, so I do not 'suck' at it and nor do most of the others here I'm betting. But the controls are still crap.

2. You are not telling it 'how it is', you are telling how you think it is.

3. No-one is going to listen to you if you give the impression that you're only old enough to count your pubic hairs on a single hand.

4. Most of the 'pirates' don't post in these forums. If they do, it's to ask for something or to give dimwitted abuse.

5. Shut the door on your way out.

Originally posted by Myname+Aug. 20 2002, 3:06 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Myname @ Aug. 20 2002, 3:06 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Curtis@Aug. 20 2002, 3:53 am

Myname: I was fairly sure I read somewhere that TR was first developed on PS and remained an "exclusive' for about a year before it was ported to anything else. Could be wrong.

Guess who was bored enough to find out?

Saturn: November 1996

Playstation: March 1997

Myname wins! Super Google search combo finish!

I play too much Street Fighter.[/b][/quote]

Ak!  I feel my life energies draining away - i...its not possible!  NOoooooOOooOOo!  I can't be wrong!  Goodbye cruel world, I can not continue my pathetic existance any longer.  I have been SHAMED!  SHAMED beyond redemption!
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Curtis@Aug. 19 2002, 9:44 pm

Ak! I feel my life energies draining away - i...its not possible! NOoooooOOooOOo! I can't be wrong! Goodbye cruel world, I can not continue my pathetic existance any longer. I have been SHAMED! SHAMED beyond redemption!
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif

hehe man.

Originally posted by EThugg@Aug. 19 2002, 9:14 pm

Oh no! I tell it like it is to some retards who suck at a game, and I might get banned! Whatever will I do when I'm exiled from this board of Sega 'loving' pirates?? Boo hoo! My words stand, regardless of if I get banned or not.

i actually posted earlier stating i liked the game,but anyone with half a brain cell have to admit the controls was a bit crap.yes you could get used to them,but only after like a million unessersary deaths.even every sega mag a read,complained about the controls.maybe you can just use a crap control system.and i aint retarded.a little mental and dare i say nutty at times.but hey i cant be that bad if you think it had a good control system.

Uh huh, you're the one whos brain isnt functioning correctly. :huh (obviously) If you have a problem with the way things are run here, then why are you here?!!
sarcasm.gif

I have no reason to lie, and I mentioned it only because people in this thread whined like little bitches about the controls. The controls were fine, you (meaning the whiners) just suck.

The controls are without a doubt some of the worst ever in a videogame!If you cant see that, then you're delusional...seriously, rather than call people bitches and retards, can you at least tell us why there better than other games in the genre? (probably not
biggrin.gif
) The developers themselves even realized that the controls were crap, and the new one coming out for PS2, has all new controls. (somewhat like Mario 64 from what ive heard)

EThugg: We don't need another troll around here telling people "they suck". Can the shitty attitude

agreed.
smile.gif

1. I finished Tomb Raider years ago very easily, so I do not 'suck' at it and nor do most of the others here I'm betting. But the controls are still crap.

2. You are not telling it 'how it is', you are telling how you think it is.

3. No-one is going to listen to you if you give the impression that you're only old enough to count your pubic hairs on a single hand.

4. Most of the 'pirates' don't post in these forums. If they do, it's to ask for something or to give dimwitted abuse.

5. Shut the door on your way out.

Myname: you're the man, for telling it how it is
smile.gif

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 19 2002, 7:45 am

I have to agree with Curtis
smile.gif
Damn is the control horrible!!!Its amazing that the developers of the game didnt realize this and add options to change them.
sarcasm.gif
I could never get into games like this, and Resident Evil, cause of the lousy controls...I have just one message to the developers of these types of games, with lousy controls.
1finger.gif

actually tom raider came out on saturn first xmas 95 then on psx and everything else... at least in europe. well, the thing is i like the game back then but as soon as the first sequel came out i got bored stiff because of the even less-inovative gameplay as in the first part.

A bunch of morons telling me my opinion is wrong... watch out! I guess I must just be retarded cuz youz don't agree with me... a-duh.....

I like TRs controls, and did from the start. You can all say it's crap all you want, but you have nothing to back it up because it's just an opinion. And in my experience, the only people who whine about the controls are people who sucked at it, so excuse me if I assumed there wasn't a magic bubble protecting all 5 of you from being like 99% of the people on other boards.

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 20 2002, 3:27 am

If you have a problem with the way things are run here, then why are you here?!!
sarcasm.gif

I don't have a problem with the way it's run... yet. I have a problem with idiots who whine about perfectly good controls, so the developers give us shitty DMC/MGS controls and fuck one of my favorite series' up.

A bunch of morons telling me my opinion is wrong... watch out! I guess I must just be retarded cuz youz don't agree with me... a-duh.....

I could tell you whats up with this reply, instead ill just state this, Grow Up!

I don't have a problem with the way it's run... yet. I have a problem with idiots who whine about perfectly good controls, so the developers give us shitty DMC/MGS controls and fuck one of my favorite series' up.

You call us idiots and then state that the controls are, "perfectly good"
laugh.gif
you're delusional.Please do continue replying, i havent laughed this hard in sometime
smile.gif

Umm, yes, the controls are perfectly good. It doesn't matter how many people disagree with me, you've got nothing but an opinion. The opinion of many does not equal a fact, it's still opinion.

What you fail to grasp is that other people have stated they don't mind the controls here and we accept that as their opinion because they expressed it respectfully. I couldn't care less about Tomb Raider's controls to be honest but people sounding off with ridiculous insults is bound to illicit a reaction (which they will then 'whine' about). So just quit while you're behind.

Originally posted by Myname@Aug. 20 2002, 3:35 pm

What you fail to grasp is that other people have stated they don't mind the controls here and we accept that as their opinion because they expressed it respectfully. I couldn't care less about Tomb Raider's controls to be honest but people sounding off with ridiculous insults is bound to illicit a reaction (which they will then 'whine' about). So just quit while you're behind.

well said  
smile.gif

Originally posted by Myname@Aug. 20 2002, 3:35 pm

People were calling the controls CRAP before I showed up, so don't pretend I made them do it.

You were acting like everyone was nice and respectful before I showed up (I did say that weird). They were being disrespectful of peoples opinions by saying the controls suck/are crap/whatever in the 1st place. So in response I said they must suck at the game. I didn't just pop in and introduce disrespect into the thread.

I personally have no liking of any of these 3rd person adventure games (RE, TR), the controls are always flaky (especially in RE) and the gameplay is boring.

I didn't particularly like it... the controls were too weird for me.

A friend of mine did a rendering of me on a Lara Croft model... that was pretty funny though
smile.gif

This topic is going way off kilter :p

I want to stop it here, so here are a few words of (debatable) wisdom, which you can take or leave.

Myname, cww80: Everyone's opinions are welcome here (your's included :), but judgements are usually not. There is a huge difference between saying "I don't like the controls because..." and "The controls are crap". I don't think I need to spell out which is which...

EThugg: I appreciate your defence of Tomb Raider's controls, not because I personally liked them, but because being different or even difficult, does not make something "crap". However, telling people they "suck" kinda puts you in the same boat...

As long as one person likes something, it is not "crap", you can't argue with that (well... you can, but you'd be kicking crap up a hill :p). You can't blame a game for your own performance in it... being difficult does not make the game bad, but it may mean that most people don't like it (which is your right).

And that, my friends, is what this board is all about, your right to express your opinion of a game without judgement.

Enough philosphical bull@#$% out of me? I think so :p

Originally posted by Mowgli@Aug. 21 2002, 8:45 am

Myname, cww80: Everyone's opinions are welcome here (your's included
smile.gif
, but judgements are usually not. There is a huge difference between saying "I don't like the controls because..." and "The controls are crap". I don't think I need to spell out which is which...

EThugg: I appreciate your defence of Tomb Raider's controls, not because I personally liked them, but because being different or even difficult, does not make something "crap". However, telling people they "suck" kinda puts you in the same boat...

As long as one person likes something, it is not "crap", you can't argue with that (well... you can, but you'd be kicking crap up a hill
tongue.gif
). You can't blame a game for your own performance in it... being difficult does not make the game bad, but it may mean that most people don't like it (which is your right).

And that, my friends, is what this board is all about, your right to express your opinion of a game without judgement.

Enough philosphical bull@#$% out of me? I think so
tongue.gif

Well I dunno about this to be honest. When I hear someone say something is 'crap', I automatically take that as their opinion, not a judgement. Just as if someone says something is good. Me saying it's crap means I didn't like it, not that I think it's worthless or anyone who disagrees with me is wrong. All I've argued for here is for the guy to  stop throwing names around, which he finally seems to have done. Like I said before, arguing the merits of Tomb Raider's control is hardly paramount in my life, but I don't like being insulted.

Back