Transfering SS Casing to another unit.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how hard/easy/problem areas that I would have if I decided to change the outer shell of the saturn with another? The model numbers are identical, just the casing is diffrent colors.

Thanks,

It should be quite easy.

All you have to do is remember how you took it apart when it comes to putting it back together.

I've had to pull out the PCB of my brothers Saturn to give it a wash (don't ask!) and there's not much left inside once you've done that.

If they're the same model number the internals should be the same. And I'm not talking Model 1 or Model 2...

BTW, why do you want to do this?

Is the saturn with the different colored case dead?

Hi,

Thanks for your input. Is everyone generaly feeling the same way about this issue? They are both model 2 units, identical serial.

The reason I want to swap internals, is because they are both from Chinese stores. One is pearl white, one is Crystal Clear. I wanted to take the clear unit, and transfer the internals over to the white one.

Thanks,

if the board layout is the same, it'll work for sure. if it's different, there MIGHT be small differences like screw holes, although I doubt that. so yeah, should be easy.

Quote: from Trenton net on 2:06 pm on Nov. 22, 2001

The reason I want to swap internals, is because they are both from Chinese stores. One is pearl white, one is Crystal Clear. I wanted to take the clear unit, and transfer the internals over to the white one.

Dumb question maybe, but if they're identicle, why do you need to change internals? Is one modded and the other not or something?

Back