Translation tools no more

After putting up with what I have today, I'm finished releasing any more saturn hacking tools I may have worked on.

I don't care when people use my work for their own knowledge, but it really urks me when people are ignorant enough to proclaim they did it all and kick my work to the curb. So as such, I'm finished, I'm through. In fact, aside from yabause(which isn't wholly my work anyways), no more of my work is going to have sources released. Sorry Artemio, you're on your own.

Random know-it-all idiots couldn't do it, ignorant Sony fanboys couldn't do it, the NHL lockout couldn't do it, and even D couldn't drive me to this. Yet knightsOfdragon2 could. So everyone give a round of applause to the man of the hour, I hope you're proud.

Cyber Warrior X

Amazing, you get pissed off at something that isnt even released yet, and something that I was going to credit you for in the game to begin with. You are making it sound bigger then it is there, you only figure out half of what the file does and I figured out the other half, then reverse engineered your code and made it work in the actual game. I'm sorry if you go to sites I never even heard of and they twist what I say around. I am doing an entire translation of the game, and making it playable on saturn. I dont see any of the translators who made part of the translation complaining about it yet, because it isnt done yet, some of them were to get credited also, since some of the translations arent whole heartily accurate and I have a friend of mine looking into that. I am the one doing most of the work in this to make it happen, I am not stealing anyone's work. What I did proclaim was that I did make a working translation patch for the game, and that I have made the encoding code, those you did not do. Also, none of my work besides the 1 patch is released to the public, and that patch didnt use my compressor or ur half decompressor, I just used a hex editor when i was playing around with the X5 files to make 1 file work in another area. I proclaimed finding information about the X5 file before you even released your code, so I was mucking with the contents of Sf3 before I even knew you or this board.

I am sorry if it bothered you, or you are reading things the wrong way, but like I said I have no intention of stealing everyones work, just wait till something is freaking released before you go and bash me.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Mon, 2005-02-28 @ 10:37 PM

After putting up with what I have today, I'm finished releasing any more saturn hacking tools I may have worked on.

I don't care when people use my work for their own knowledge, but it really urks me when people are ignorant enough to proclaim they did it all and kick my work to the curb. So as such, I'm finished, I'm through. In fact, aside from yabause(which isn't wholly my work anyways), no more of my work is going to have sources released. Sorry Artemio, you're on your own.

Random know-it-all idiots couldn't do it, ignorant Sony fanboys couldn't do it, the NHL lockout couldn't do it, and even D couldn't drive me to this. Yet knightsOfdragon2 could. So everyone give a round of applause to the man of the hour, I hope you're proud.

Cyber Warrior X

[post=130702]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Mon, 2005-02-28 @ 10:37 PM

Cyber Warrior X

[post=130702]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, I just read around on this and was surprised at the fact that no one was giving you any credit. I'm really sorry to hear about this and hope it doesn't stop you from doing other projects in the future.

You know I got ya back bro.

And for everyone else: Credit with your projects, even if you haven't released anything yet. You're just being a prick if you don't.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 08:51 AM

Yea, I just read around on this and was surprised at the fact that no one was giving you any credit. I'm really sorry to hear about this and hope it doesn't stop you from doing other projects in the future.

You know I got ya back bro.

And for everyone else: Credit with your projects, even if you haven't released anything yet. You're just being a prick if you don't.

[post=130742]Quoted post[/post]​

I never said that I did all the work, and how do you even give credit for something not released, Another thing is its not that I am using his code, I used it as basically a tutorial, learned from it, added on to perfect it, then wrote the reverse algorithm for it. He isn't getting credit for the project itself because he is not apart of the project, he is being credited just for the basis of it. Otherwise he should then credit whoever wrote the algorithm to begin with, being someone in Sega or Camelot. I did say with some help from him I was able to write the compressor, which is not his half decompressor

Originally posted by knights0fdragon2@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 10:35 AM

I never said that I did all the work, and how do you even give credit for something not released, Another thing is its not that I am using his code, I used it as basically a tutorial, learned from it, added on to perfect it, then wrote the reverse algorithm for it. He isn't getting credit for the project itself because he is not apart of the project, he is being credited just for the basis of it. Otherwise he should then credit whoever wrote the algorithm to begin with, being someone in Sega or Camelot. I did say with some help from him I was able to write the compressor, which is not his half decompressor

[post=130750]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't know all of the details, but I do know CWX well enough to know that he doesn't say things out of his ass, and he's not a drama whore. I know he's a very comptetent hacker and person (I've worked with him on a few projects and talked with him many times over the past few years) whereas you just shoot up out of nowhere, and yes, I did see your post and I saw nowhere where you mentioned 'look guys, using this guys work I was able to hack together a few things and insert text' it was 'look what i did'.

Anyway. :sarcasm:

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 12:11 PM

I don't know all of the details, but I do know CWX well enough to know that he doesn't say things out of his ass, and he's not a drama whore.  I know he's a very comptetent hacker and person (I've worked with him on a few projects and talked with him many times over the past few years)  whereas you just shoot up out of nowhere, and yes, I did see your post and I saw nowhere where you mentioned 'look guys, using this guys work I was able to hack together a few things and insert text' it was 'look what i did'.

Anyway.  :sarcasm:

[post=130753]Quoted post[/post]​

The "patch" that I made was not done using his code, it was done by examining the X5 files which I found to be text long before I came here, only thing his code did like i said was help me when it came to writing the compressor. All his code was, was a partial learning tool for me (since its only partially accurate), and thus he is getting credited for the help that it provided. As for the shooting out of nowhere, Someone told me that this was the place to go to grab a dissassembler and get help, since I was at that stage of my progress. I was already doing the work, but he just beat me to half an answer, in which case I examined and got the rest. I am thankful that he made my search easier and I am giving him credit for that part, but thats all that I can really do for that. When people ask about how I did it I tell them that I used CX's code as a starting point and figured out the rest of it. Saying that using this guys code would be incorrect, examining this guys code as a basis or a reference would be more of a correct statement, since its not the code I am using just the flow of the logic

Originally posted by Borisz@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 12:53 PM

Welcome to the internet.

[post=130796]Quoted post[/post]​

Attitudes like yours are exactly why people stop working on public projects.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 03:34 PM

Attitudes like yours are exactly why people stop working on public projects.

[post=130805]Quoted post[/post]​

I've seen enough stuff like this to voice that opinion.

OMG I HAVENT GOT CREDITED IM GONNA DELETE ALL OF MY TOOLZ

Oh my, that breaks my heart. Instead of being happy that you made it possible that a translation or something made with your tools, you go and cry for credit. So what? The internet is full of retards, if you try to care about all of them you will go crazy at the end. Instead, try being happy that people can translate great games and make them available for a greater amount of people. You know that they made it with your tools. The people who matter know that they made it with your tools. The people who are intelligent know that they made it with your tools. Why care about the rest?

One person pissed you off and now you are killing up everything that other, more intelligent people might be able to benefit from.

A better solution would be to embed a digital signiture or something similar, so stuff made by your tools can be identified with no doubt. That way, no matter what translation makers say, people will still know that it was done with your tools.

A better solution would be to embed a digital signiture or something similar, so stuff made by your tools can be identified with no doubt. That way, no matter what translation makers say, people will still know that it was done with your tools.

Go on, pull the other one. <_<

these tools are for free. knights0fdragon2 surely didn't pay for this information or the tools, so the least he could do is give people credit. just my two cents.

I dunno, I personally wouldn't care if people ripped off my work without giving me credit (I'm a fan of the GNU), but then again I haven't ever coded anything worth leeching (or burning, doh).

The Saturn community is so small anyway, any release, any progress, is a good thing. If someone took something I did and made it useful, more power to them, even if they don't give me credit.

SUPERCOM32> Ver

SUPER OS [Version v1.23 - By: SUPERCOM32]

Special thanks to HyperEMS for supplying RAMDISK support.

Please visit HyperEMS’s website for more information regarding his

excellent work (See documentation for details).

SUPERCOM32>

One day, SUPERCOM32 will talk normally, and all will be amazed.

Until then, s/he's just going to post random messages pretending to be a DOS computer.

:huh

Originally posted by slinga@Wed, 2005-03-02 @ 11:59 PM

I dunno, I personally wouldn't care if people ripped off my work without giving me credit (I'm a fan of the GNU), but then again I haven't ever coded anything worth leeching (or burning, doh).

The Saturn community is so small anyway, any release, any progress, is a good thing. If someone took something I did and made it useful, more power to them, even if they don't give me credit.

[post=130827]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, but as the issue is, CWX's work says explicitly on his frontpage and his liscense: 'I don't care if you use this, just give me credit.'

Is it really that hard to say 'Thanks to CWX for supplying the essential decryption algo. for which I would not have been able to do a single thing without.'

I had and have every intention of crediting him when something was available, the only thing I am doing right now is informing people on the progress I made, I don't go to random websites and tell them to post things, the only sites I hang around are SFC and here from time to time when a little help is needed. I have not released anything that involved anyone elses work except the file from scenario 1 fixed and placed into scenario 2, which belonged to sega. I havent even been working on this project due to the overload of programming assignments from school, so there wont even be a simple release till end of summer.

Originally posted by CyberWarriorX@Tue, 2005-03-01 @ 03:37 AM

Random know-it-all idiots couldn't do it, ignorant Sony fanboys couldn't do it, the NHL lockout couldn't do it, and even D couldn't drive me to this.

I'm curious why I'm a comparison point for pissing you off given we talk all of, what, once a year? If that? I know we seriously don't get along and butt heads whenever more than a few words are exchanged, but I've never pulled shit with anything to this degree.

Not to mention everything you've ever handed me I always credited you for. My Langrisser I PC translation was done using my own dump from the Langrisser I&II PSX disk which I wrote a dumper for a LONG time ago. And before my Langrisser III PC translation page came down, it always said in plain words:

"The hack work is being done to the Korean version of the game (since there is no Japanese one) using the Japanese scripts dumped from the Saturn game by CWX. All work done on this project will be shared with CWX for his Langrisser III Saturn translation."

I still never got around to working on any scripts, supposedly Picorat was going to do a few but if he did, I don't have them either, if you're pissed at me about not sending anything back.

Also, please let me know, if you're not distributing source/tools anymore, should I pull your Langrisser graphic extractor from http://coes.the2d.com/ I'm not sure if it's up or not but i think I was planning to upload them under tools for Langrisser DE, IV and V.

If you're removing them from circulation, let me know and i won't.

Back