Trouble burning Soul Star

I've got an ISO/MP3 rip of Soul Star for the SegaCD that is giving me some trouble. I think it was ripped incorrectly. The ISO/data track extracts to 532MB from a mere 30MB, and there are still 46 minutes worth of music tracks. Clearly this won't all fit on one CD. Checking out the ISO with a hex editor, I see that the real data ends around 120MB, and the next 410MB+ are solid zeros. Judging by all those those numbers it would seem that whoever/whatever program ripped the game confused the size of the first data track with the total size of the CD, but I may be wrong about that.

Anyway, I truncated the ISO down to about 140MB, and it still boots and plays in Gens, but Nero tells me that it has problems. It say "The entered block size does not correspond to the image length." which makes sense. When I chose to ignore this and burn anyway, the resulting disc was a failure. Not even my computer will recognize the data track. Unfortunately, none of the options Nero gives me fixes the problem.

Is there a way I can fix this ISO? Am I correct in assuming that those 410 megs of zeros shouldn't really be there?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! :banana

Nevermind, I figured it out. I just used convscd to change the region to JP, then back to US. I've burned it and it works. I hope someone else finds this information useful.

Back