Trouble Playing Imports

I've successfully modded my Saturn, and I also got the AR 4M Plus cartridge. Nearly every backup I've tried to play has worked perfectly. However, I tried playing Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (J) and it won't boot. The AR menu boots up, I go to start game without codes, and I get the LOADING window, but the game never starts. I know Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, and its counterpart X-Men vs Street Fighter (which I'm also going to get) require the 4MB expansion. I couldn't find a way to switch between 1MB and 4 MB on my AR cart. I just tried the region patching program SRP (v3.0 Gold Edition) and it doesn't even recognize the game. Is there's some unusual way this game needs to be burned?

Startropic1 said:
I've successfully modded my Saturn, and I also got the AR 4M Plus cartridge. Nearly every backup I've tried to play has worked perfectly. However, I tried playing Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (J) and it won't boot. The AR menu boots up, I go to start game without codes, and I get the LOADING window, but the game never starts. I know Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, and its counterpart X-Men vs Street Fighter (which I'm also going to get) require the 4MB expansion. I couldn't find a way to switch between 1MB and 4 MB on my AR cart. I just tried the region patching program SRP (v3.0 Gold Edition) and it doesn't even recognize the game. Is there's some unusual way this game needs to be burned?

howdy Startropic1 its me s8n , i used Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (JAP) as my first game that needs to be patched to US in order to be played on my US Saturn it worked for me. I dont have a AR 4-1 Cart i have a Official Sega 4MB Cart , i used SRP V3.0 to patch the game before burning the game was recognized by SRP with no problems. You may want to try the SSF emulator and see if your game boots with that as a testing ground. I didnt do anything special to get this game to boot i just patched and burned the game with ImgBurn , the game is in Bin/Cue format.........

srpr.jpg

s8n187 said:
howdy Startropic1 its me s8n , i used Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (JAP) as my first game that needs to be patched to US in order to be played on my US Saturn it worked for me. I dont have a AR 4-1 Cart i have a Official Sega 4MB Cart , i used SRP V3.0 to patch the game before burning the game was recognized by SRP with no problems. You may want to try the SSF emulator and see if your game boots with that as a testing ground. I didnt do anything special to get this game to boot i just patched and burned the game with ImgBurn , the game is in Bin/Cue format.........

srpr.jpg

I got it working, apparently the iso I found was bad. I got another one which oddly had a separate .bin for each track, but 1 .cue for the whole thing. Anyway, the 2nd one works so I'm good to go. I just need to get X-Men Children of the Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter.

hiya Startropic1 , thats good news that you fixed the problem .........i get my Saturn Isos from Underground Gamer you may want to check their Saturn section for X-Men Children of the Atom and X-Men vs Street Fighter.

Actually i just checked for both titles and they are there , i found one pack where both games are in the one Torrent. Below is the name of the pack , look for this pack...

Japanese Mega Pack 13 [All/1995]

hope this helps

s8n

Back