TV Games portable systems

I know tv games was making those atari joysticks with built in games, but I suddenly started seeing these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=49237

They are sold as "arcade units". The screen shots on the home page look bogus.

http://www.jakkstvgames.com/

Has anyone played one or seen the real screenshots? Can you tell me what you think the hardware is? Is it a 5200 emulator? or something actually MAME-like? or maybe something new altogether?!

post a link to screen shots if you have seen them...

I have the Atari 2600 one. Can't really recommend it too much - the video output is quite nice, but the sound suxxors (especially Asteroids), the games themselves aren't entirely accurate (especially Adventure), and half the games are paddle games. The joystick itself is quite nice however.... but for the amount they sell 'em for, you could get a 2600 with more and better games (2600 Ms. Pacman for example...).

The devices themselves are 'emulators-on-a-chip'.. they're not entirely concerned with accuracy the way MAME is.

I am more interested in finding out about the ARCADE joystick system... The atari is pretty easy to fake/emulate.... But what do the ARCADE games look like? Are they pretty accurate?

I'm interested in the price of this, I wasn't able to find it when searching Toys R Us (who where featured as a link from one of Jeff-20s links), I found the Atari Joystick/Games.

So my guess it isn't out yet, or well... Toys R Us don't have it.

One thing I think would be cool was to get a small TV that fits so it looks like a very small arcadecabinet. 😀 Kind of like the Nintendo Table Tops, I would play it EVERY day. 🙂

I think I read somewhere that the 'arcade' ones aren't the actual arcade games., but rather ports. (NES maybe?)

What if it's the Atari 2600-versions, seems reasonable since they already got hardware to fit already (with the Atari Joystick and all). And most of those games were released for the 2600, but the 2600 version of Pacman is _really_ shitty with just one ghost on the screen and flickering sprites, if I remember it correctly. And it looks nothing like the picture from the jakkstvgames; That would be truly mean marketing.

Coming home only to play even more Atari2600, expecting the Arcade versions.

I own the Atari2600 version. It's pretty accurate to the best versions of those games it includes on the actual 2600 system. I only noticed a few differences in Adventure. Otherwise, they're okay. There's this one dumbass issue you think they could have weeded out, though. I heard my friend's does this too. After you play on the thing (keep the power on) for more than ~15-20 minutes, the video goes all crazy, and throws a bunch of random pixels everywhere, and gets worse progressively.

Back