Unknown games

I'm in trouble to choose new Sega Saturn games to import.

There are a lot of games that I never heard anything about them.

I would like to know if anybody have something to say related to the following games:

Dracula Detective

Nekketsu Oyako

Slam Dunk (I know the anime, but the game...)

The Special

Any information, please share with me!

Dracula Detective, for starters, should not be confused with Konami's Dracula X (the Saturn version of Castlevania - Symphony of the Night on PSX).

I don't remember exactly what I heard about DD but it appears to be a strategy/RPG or maybe action-adventure kind of game. The solve-a-mystery kind.

Nekketsu Oyako (which I've seen spelled as Nekketu Oyoku etc.) is also called Hot-Blooded Family Fight and is an action/fighting game somewhat like Street Fighter, in that it's 2D and scrolls sideways...it's a very fun game actually and has some extras added. I have a copy of it but really haven't taken the time to play it (or many other games of mine, sigh), but if action is your thing, I can recommend this game to ya.
smile.gif

The remaining two games, I've never heard of them...

Thanks Taelon.

This game called "The special" is supposed to be an interactive hentai game.

I think because of that it must sucks.

Would that be ...what's it called again, "Body Special 264" by any chance? From what I know that's a VERY sexy puzzle type of game... featuring Akira Kiuchi who also appears in Wangan Dead Heat + Real Arrange (a racing game). She's one hottie...

Umm. But I digress.
smile.gif

I will never buy games again without know if it is good or not.

After buying games such as Lupin the 3rd, Guyferd, D-Xhird, Sonic Council and Mahou Monogatari...

They are horrible!!!!!

That's what online reviews are for
smile.gif
At least in the case of D-Xhird, just a little browsing would have revealed to you that it's easily the worst game ever to grace(?) the Saturn. Sorta makes all the other games look twice as good, even the average ones.

Indeed, I haven't regretted a single purchase I made ... thankfully though I didn't buy Battle Garegga because I found a download of it... and while it's a good shooter it's surprisingly short, so that saved me money there. :-D

I agree with you that reviews are important, but certain games are so unknown that can't be found anything about them.

It's not the case of D-Xhird, I must admit.

I bought it because I'm fighting game fan.

I'll never do it anymore.

Hey Taelon, you seem to me a very well informed guy about the Saturn games.

Would you recommend Langrisser 3 for me?

Thanks..I'd like to think I am well-informed as to Saturn imports... unfortunately I have no interest in RPG-style games and so I can't tell you anything about Langrisser 3... but sure there has to be a review or similar online?
wink.gif

*Super Bump*

¿nekketsu = same series as River City Ransom?

If it is, I'm getting that game in a heartbeat. I'm asking because the River City Ransom Remake for GBA is called Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari EX, and I'm too optimistic.

I've read quite a few places about the sequel or other River City Ransom games, I read that there wasn't any official RCR2, but there was a game (on SNES?) in japanese which was similar, and was argued whether it was RCR2...

Anyways, to help with your question a bit, Nekketsu is apart of the jap name for RCR, and there are many other Nekkets games featuring characters from RCR aswell. So yes, I guess it is the same series. Whether the gba game you mentioned is a remake of RCR or just another game which features characters from RCR, I'm not sure. ;)

Originally posted by CrazyGoon@Dec 29, 2003 @ 04:52 PM

I've read quite a few places about the sequel or other River City Ransom games, I read that there wasn't any official RCR2, but there was a game (on SNES?) in japanese which was similar, and was argued whether it was RCR2...

You're talking about Shodai Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun.

There are a bunch games across many systems with the Nekettsu name in it. It's a character's name, and he stars many games (River City Ransom is one of them, and there are even baseball games with him).

Back