UNWRAPPED SATURN CDR AND HAD A LOOK>

HI all,

This morning i took one of 2 brand new Sega Saturn cdr blank disks and took the shrinkwrap off and opened the case.

Everything is mint and untouched for many years.

I took the disk out and straight away looked for the security ring.

I couldnt find any?

I have done a thorough inspection and i think i can see a very very very faint line at the outer extremes.

Having done this i then burned the boot disk onto this Sega blank.

I cannot try it at the moment beacuse i need soem more saturns :damn:

I had 10 but they all went very fast.

I have a freind who will be bringing one i modded over this weekend, I will try this disk on the system and let you guys know how i get on.

I hope the disk does work beacuse it will show that the holographic image on all originals is not whats being read and a very thin code is concealed within it?

Also if this is the case then shurely one of the blanks can be placed in a recorder which overburns and also over reads,Then we have the data info of whats on the edge?.

I have noticed a very small track on the edge of this disk,It is extremely hard to see but it is there.

Worst case senario would be that these Saturn Blanks are just that - Blank disks?

If so then why have the words -"PROJECT" on them?

I thought that i would burn the boot cd and give it a spin asap as this may reveal more info on the Saturn.

The boot is burned and i will be testing soon.

Attachments

• ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 245
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 246
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 237
Boot the saturn where it hurts :rolleyes:

Attachments

• boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 280
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 274
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 287
If it doesn't have the logo area it's just a normal blank that can't be booted from. When the Saturn came out CD burners were rare, extremely expansive items and you couldn't buy blanks in any old store. That's why it made sense for Sega to sell blanks (at the cheap price of $75 for a box of five according to the 1996 order form).

For rather obvious reasons it also made sense not to make lots of bootable blanks and hand them out left and right.

Originally posted by Borisz+Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 12:25 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Borisz @ Fri, 2005-03-18 @ 12:25 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not really a surprise. That would make the official bootdiscs completely useless.

[post=131737]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Maybe I should have used the :sarcasm: smilie.

In the other thread I told croft that I had a Saturn CDR that had the very same case inserts (keep in mind that his was sealed) and that the disc had no security ring.

He quite confidently replied with this:

<!--QuoteBegin-croft
@Sun, 2005-03-13 @ 10:41 PM

Hi Mal,

Both Sega blanks are sealed and brand new.

They do have the security ring on them and the rest is blank.

[/quote]

Who was I to argue? :lol:

Anyway, the developers had a official boot disc, so they put the boot disc and then put the CDR ^^.

So i don't see the need to have the security ring on the CDR's

Back