Updates on new PS2 Sega Ages games

its a shame they will only be on PS2.

Maybe if they sell well (which I honestly wouldn't bank on), we'll see some ports.

I'm sure this is only the start of the reviving of old games.

This is one trend I would love to see catch on.

I'd love to see classic games enhanced than sequals.

I don't like those Monaco GP screenshots at all, but both Phantasy Star and Fantasy zone look fantastic
ohmy.gif

I'd love to see classic games enhanced than sequals.
:agree

I do have to agree with Tony Skyrunner. Monaco GP look fairly unimpressive. The other two look real awesome. I so can not what for all of the Phantasy Stars to come out. I only wish they would do PS 3. Yes, I am one of the few who loved that game. Not my fave of the series, but still cool.

:agree Manaco GP looks like a cheep rehash. But Phantasy star alone could carry these two titles in my opinion.

I didn't have that high of expectations for Monaco GP, but it might be decent. Esp since it has 4 player support. Remember though, the Sega Ages series for PS2 are supposed to be budget titles

Well, i say if there going to re do the graphics to the point of it not being classic and what not, then they should just make a whole new game out of it. But thats just my opinion.

They probably figure that if they get these brands (some of which aren't well-known to most of the gaming public now) out there to buy cheap, then people will be familiarised with them and sequels could come from that eventually.

If they released a completely new game with the Monaco GP name on it now, most would have no idea of the history behind it. Sega has a lot of IP, but not all of it is powerful enough now to get good sales since it's been lying dormant for so long. This way they get the names back out there and test the water without making a massive loss sinking resources into a new game in a series no-one knows about anymore.

Originally posted by Myname@Jun 12, 2003 @ 09:18 AM

They probably figure that if they get these brands (some of which aren't well-known to most of the gaming public now) out there to buy cheap, then people will be familiarised with them and sequels could come from that eventually.

If they released a completely new game with the Monaco GP name on it now, most would have no idea of the history behind it. Sega has a lot of IP, but not all of it is powerful enough now to get good sales since it's been lying dormant for so long. This way they get the names back out there and test the water without making a massive loss sinking resources into a new game in a series no-one knows about anymore.

Hhmmmm.... Very true, i never thought about it from that point of view. Well that changed my opinion.
cool.gif

Back