Vectorman

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
The year is 2049 and the planet is in total disarray. Earth's human inhabitants have temporarily headed for the stars and left mechanical robots called "orbots" to clean up their mess. Under the guidance of Raster, the orbot leader, everything was running smoothly until an attendant accidentally replaced his head with an atomic bomb. The newly transformed Raster became the evil WarHead and immediately ordered the orbots to stop cleaning up the planet and begin manufacturing weapons for use in ambushing the returning humans. Only one orbot, a sludge barge pilot by the name of VectorMan, was unaffected by WarHead's mind-controlling scheme. He was out of communications range at the time of the takeover. This is where you come in, fearless gamer, as it is your duty to save the human race by guiding VectorMan through 16 levels of danger-filled action. You must seek out WarHead by following a trail of television receivers around the planet. Once you catch up to old bomb head, you must confront him in an Earth-shattering battle to end all battles.

Megas XLR... whoops, I mean VectorMan to the rescue. :D

Attachments

• VECTORMAN.JPG
    VECTORMAN.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 151
  • VECTORMAN.JPG
    VECTORMAN.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 129
  • VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    16.7 KB · Views: 127
  • VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    16.7 KB · Views: 126
  • VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    14.5 KB · Views: 125
  • VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    14.5 KB · Views: 132
  • VECTORMAN.JPG
    VECTORMAN.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 132
  • VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    VECTORMAN_TITLE.GIF
    16.7 KB · Views: 114
  • VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    VECTORMAN_GAMEPLAY.GIF
    14.5 KB · Views: 129
This is JUST becoming Game of The Week?! :blink: :eek:mg:

Took long enough...

Anyway, I love this game to death. Absolutely stunning graphics, and sound. Gameplay was awesome as well. I've never beaten it though. The farthest I've gotten is the... Sixth level I believe.

I remember when it first came out, there were endless debates as to who would win in a fight. Megaman or Vectorman? My money would be on Vectorman. :p

Pimpin' shizzy. This game came out when I was on welfare so I couldn't afford a copy for myself. But my friend next door had it. He couldn't beat it at all but wanted to know if he won the prize (remember if you beat the game it would tell you if you won some large sum of money or not.) I whooped its ASS! I got every one of those satelites in each level and the gear thingy. I was a bit let down by the end boss, with such a beautiful game the end boss looked kind of meh.

and nope we didn't win the prize.

Vectorman is one of the most brilliant Megadrive games, it had some of the best graphics and best music too. Would it have some twist in the gameplay, it could've been more then just a mere platformer. And it gave you seizures by the time you beat it, due to all the flashing.

Would the game come out a few years earlier, it would've been 5 times the hit it was now.

Too bad the PS2 sequel got cancelled. It looked interesting, even if it didn't have any connection to the Megadrive versions.

Hmm.. honestly, I have never been able to understand all the praise this game gets. Sure, it looks great for a Genesis game, and it's pretty cool for a while, but the shooting action just becomes incredibly monotonous rather quickly. Give me Contra or Gunstar Heroes over this any day.

This game with all its secret paths, special mods (whatever, you know when you morph) cool guns, and perfect level design it will seriousily take a lot out of you to master this game to beat levels quickly with out a scratch on you. Thats what I loved about this game, getting a great score and beating it as fast as possible. Not even Contra Hard Corps comes close to the enjoyment I received in mastering this game. (and I love Contra Hard COrps... although Contra gets the higher grade for music in my book)

Awesome Game, I remember playing it from beginning to end when I rented it after it came out. Remember there was some contest with it. Once you beat the first boss, some carts had something special come up and you were to win some nice price. Be awesome to just own one of the different carts from a collectors perspective.

I still play the game on a regular basis, can´t remember another genesis

game with those graphics/sound. However i still hate the Twist and Shout

(final) stage and the Saturday night fever-like one. those suck really hard :puke:

Back