Very rare saturn ? item

HI,

Check this out.

A sega saturn / pc graphics card emulator.

Havent plugged it in yet but it is a very strange peice of kit.

There is a graphics card plus 2 games and also sega saturn joypad interface.

This is a genuine product and i will keep the board notified on it.

Attachments

• sega_1.jpg
    sega_1.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 248
Damn I wish I had one of those.

FYI its not a Saturn emulator per se, and it doesn't even have basic DirectX support so you can't use it for much else then for simple video display. Some early games did took use of its 3d capabilities though (Yes, it was a 3d accelerator, but it used forward rendered quads unlike polygons which became the standard).

And of course being able to use a Saturn pad on your PC is 3>.

I was thinking of getting it too. I believe Virtua Cop and Panzer Dragoon Saga came out for that card.

As I understand it, graphically it's supposed to be somewhat better than the Saturn? Can anyone verify this?

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Fri, 2005-10-14 @ 07:43 PM

I was thinking of getting it too. I believe Virtua Cop and Panzer Dragoon Saga came out for that card.

As I understand it, graphically it's supposed to be somewhat better than the Saturn? Can anyone verify this?

[post=140709]Quoted post[/post]​

If i remember its based on a Nvidia chipset, it also renders polygons in the same way as the saturn Quads instead of triangles.

Never knew PDS got a PC release... is it in English? And does it require that card to run?

Also, anyone know about other supported games? Sonic R, Daytona, Virtual On, etc.

HI,

Thanks for the input on the forum.

Much apreshiated.

I have had a look at the games included and they are Panzer dragoon 1 and also Virtua fighter remix.

I have not installed the graphics card yet but:

They are specifically programmed for the chipset on the graphics card.

There is Japanese text on the inner sleve of the disks.

The audio plays on any cd player and it is awsome.

On the back of the box the graphics are indeed enhanced over standard Saturn, Not shore if this is the monitor resolution that is used or the games themselves.

I will get as much info on the system as possible asap.

I mainly purchased the item to see if other sat games could be run and also anything related to getting past the normal cd security check.

B back asap.

Cheers all,

Ian.

Attachments

• saty.JPG
    saty.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 126
The Saturn games released in the era most likely supported it. (Virtua Fighter 2, Sega Rally, Daytona, Panzer Dragoon 1-2, Virtua Cop)

I remember some other old games having options to use "3d acceleration" not through Direct3d but by choosing what card you have, and the "Diamond Edge" was an option there (Toshinden has it for sure, and i think Mortal Kombat Trilogy had it too).

Originally posted by Pearl Jammzz@Tue, 2005-10-18 @ 08:49 PM

sooooo u can put regular games in and some will run?

[post=140852]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah you can. PC games that is.

Back