Virtua Fighter 3 tb

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Per RolfWrenWalsh's suggestion, here's Virtua Fighter 3 tb for the DC. :)

The legend continues.

The fighting game that revolutionized the genre returns in its most powerful incarnation yet. Who will emerge victorious in the Third World Fighting Tournament?
  • All new "Team Battle Mode"
  • 13 fighting stages in full 3D. Elevation and positioning dramatically change fighting strategy
  • 10 classic characters plus two all-new characters
  • Stunning attention to detail - clothes ripple, eyes track opponents
  • Multiple camera angles including 1st person viewpoint
  • Highly sophisticated fighting engine for incredible depth
  • Advanced Training Mode - instruct computer opponent to do exactly what you want

Attachments

• VF3tb_cover.JPG
    VF3tb_cover.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 86
  • VF3tb_cover.JPG
    VF3tb_cover.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 81
All right!

This was THE game that made me want a Dreamcast, even when I was a die-hard $ony fanboy.

I had only played this game at my local game center two times, in the six year span between it's arcade release and when I got it for DC.

I bought my DC just for this game, yet, I didn't get the game until about six months after I got my DC. Then THAT copy went defective after a few weeks. I managed to get a complete copy a couple months later.

VF3 is widely regarded as the worst of the series. I kinda agree. It's a GREAT game, but it just doesn't seem as fun to me as the others.

It's really weird playing VF4 and VF Evolution, then going back and playing VF3...

it's a good game, but didn't quite seem as exciting as VF2.

It's also looks dated compared to Soul Calibur, which was a DC launch title.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 12, 2004 @ 05:17 PM

Yup. It's a bad port and nowhere near as fun as VF2.

I never understood why everyone says it's a bad port.

I know there's never been an arcade-perfect port of VF, but what made VF3 so "bad"?

Well, for starters, the fact that it was not really enhanced for the DC even though the arcade game had been out for a loong time. Secondly, compared to the arcade, the control just isn't right.

Suzuki said it himself:

"VF3 was mainly made for the hardcore VF player." Basically, players like me.

I enjoyed VF3 a lot. I actually like it more than VF2 a little bit...

I think one reason as to why VF3 is panned so much, is because it wasn't as big of a leap forward in gameplay that VF > VF2, and VF3 > VF4 were.

Play the game for a while, then play VF2 on the Saturn. I think you'll agree that the controls just feel stiff. Also, in my opinion the elevation factor detracted from the gameplay.

Originally posted by it290@Sep 13, 2004 @ 12:01 PM

Play the game for a while, then play VF2 on the Saturn. I think you'll agree that the controls just feel stiff. Also, in my opinion the elevation factor detracted from the gameplay.

:agree

I loved VF2 on Saturn and was really excited about 3tb, but after playing Soul Calibur to death, 3tb just felt pants. I liked 3 when I played it at SegaWorld, but this came out so long after and then felt worse :/

For somegames the pixelisation & saturated colors is good.

Exemple : Shenmue Sat & VF2 looks better than Shenmue DC & VF3 DC.

Its just my point of view but when you see the grainy/dark textures in Shenmue Sat and the flat/Ultrablur textures from Dream's Shenmue, there is a athmosphere very different.

So for VF its the same answer. To my point of view VF2 looks better than VF3 (taking count of the power of each system).

Back