Virtua Racing freezing...

I test VR for megadrive, and if I make a driving error and the car goes out of the road, the game just freezes... is this normal? or it trully my mdII not OK with this game? :smash

Originally posted by keropi@Fri, 2005-11-18 @ 01:31 PM

I test VR for megadrive, and if I make a driving error and the car goes out of the road, the game just freezes... is this normal? or it trully my mdII not OK with this game?  :smash

[post=141873]Quoted post[/post]​

thats not normal maybe the system is dirty or is it one of those cheapos that doesnt support it i think they made one that doesnt support 32x and some games and the sega cd?

Not if he's using a MD2. Probably a bad or dirty cart. My guess would be it's trying to play the 'off-road driving' sound and is not able to. I've heard a lot of reports of flaky VR carts, so it wouldn't surprise me if the cart was bad.

edit - oh wait, I didn't see keropi's other post. Hmm, that's interesting, I didn't know they made any 'incompatible' megadrives. What country is the unit from?

its a pal mdII, for the uk market ... model is MK-1631-50 ... it only has one large chip, and 2 smaller ones, which are propably ram chips... one is 100% ram...

vr only crashes when going offroad, and its a very used cartridge... got it off ebay

Back