Virtua Racing

How the position thing works on Virtua Racing for the genesis? I (re)bought this game some days ago and have been playing in the normal level. It doesn´t matter which position I end the race always the HUGE 25th place appears. Do you need to always finish in 1st place to get the correct position after the race?

I don't think so! You aren't playing with a 32x attached, are you?

Does anyone remember the thing about the Virtua Racing cart making phones ring? Or is that just me?

Nops, radsil.

It´s the normal genesis cart. I don´t even own a 32x, but I´m playing on my Cdx system. Anyway it´s all way weird. I think it was supposed to show the place you ended the race, isn´t it?

Yeah, that would be the point, I would think. Maybe the CDX has some hardware bug or something? If I have time maybe I can email Sega tech support and see if there is any known problem with playing Virtua Racing on a CDX...

Quote: from RadSil on 10:51 pm on Aug. 8, 2001

I don't think so! You aren't playing with a 32x attached, are you?

Does anyone remember the thing about the Virtua Racing cart making phones ring? Or is that just me?

The big virtua racing cart for genny will not work with a 32x. I have heard of CDX and Nomad having problems with some titles but I cannot confirm this myself.

virtua racing has a extra cpu in the cart according to the fcc a cdx can not play they cart with out shielding its the same reason they claim you cant use a 32x with a cdx it actually works fine but it produces to much electrical disturbance that might be the problem with your game

Indeed, this FCC regulation is a funny thing. The only machine Virtua Racing *definitely* doesn't work on is the Genesis 3.

As far as I know, some US versions of the Genesis 2 (the ones distributed by Majesco) claim that they don't work with the Sega CD, but of course they do. Again, FCC regulation is the culprit - don't believe something is incompatible until you've tried it yourself! :)

Mike

I remember several years back when I was looking at the genesis 3, thinking if I should buy one, im sure glad I didn't. If I had, no sega CD and some games won't work (as I just found out with this topic).Wow, why would anyone ever want one of those things?

I got one, and they're actually quite neat.. they're TINY and really easy to carry around or useful when you are out of space. not as single system, but along with a model 1 or 2 genny.

Back