Virtual Console Game Prices...What do you want them to be?

I just hate the idea of paying too much for games that are extremely outdated. I can see it already: N64 games costing up to 30 bucks. So, this is my thread asking you guys what DO YOU WANT the games to cost? Now, be reasonable

I say that ALL NES games should be $1 a piece. Come on, the technology is simple and at that price, its all profit. The developers already made their buck back in the day...why screw us again twice?
And SNES should be $3-5 depending on content. ChronoTrigger is $5 quality while others *coughNinjaTurtles* deserve to be far less.
N64 titles I hope stay under $10; but $10 for Nintendo FirstParty games will be suitable. I wouldn't mind paying $10 for GoldenEye or Starfox64 again.

Speaking of again, I have the problem of STILL OWNING my N64 games. My brother sold my SNES and NES back in the day, so I still yearn for a StarFox and MarioRPG every now and then. rant over hehe

1$ for NES
2-3$ for MD,SNES,TG
5-8$ for N64

:well i's for common games for rare/perfect games I could give more :)

Here's what I think, within reason:

Less than $4 for NES and Mega Drive titles
$3-$6 for SNES, Genesis, and TurboGrafx-16 titles
$5-$10 for N64 titles

Nintendo isn't too cheap with their older games. The Classic NES series were priced around $20, and sold seperatly. Having games from the NES less than $4 to download would be bliss and reasonable, but we're talking Nintendo here. I think there's a 50/50 chance Nintendo will sell these for anything less than $10.

SNES games will be a bit more expensive than NES games (obviously, though not more than $5 of the NES game prices.

Now N64 games are the ones to worry about. They could go for around $5-$25.

Sega will most likely sell MD games for around $3, and around $5 for their Genesis titles. NEC will sell TurboGrafx games for around the price of the Genesis games.

Zheræ said:
Really depends on how well the emulation is so in my case is wait and see.

Maybe some free emu will come later. Also we can hope Nintendo will make some package or something "all inclusive".

from the new GI

"nintendo prez satoru iwata declared that downloadable games for the system will range from 500-1000 yen($4.25-$8.75 us)

I don't like how a NES game can cost 4.25 while a far superior title like Perfect Dark being $8.75

All NES games should be BELOW the $4.25 price tag. But like someone said, this is Nintendo we're talking about.

If it's that high for them, I'll just mod it and pirate. If I can get the NES games for like 1-3 bucks I prob. will. SNES 5 max, and my big fat N64 collection I want to be able to enter in my upc number or sumthin and have them just give it to me for free, or close to.

If not, I'll pirate.

Back