Virtual-On: Oratorio Tangram

MasterAkumaMatata

Established Member
Originally posted by GameFan

If you own a Dreamcast you must buy this game.
  • A 3rd person viewpoint and a frenetic 60 fps give fighting a fast, new look.
  • Fight 11 virtuaroids in single or 2-player battles using a variety of weapons.
  • 3-D arenas include a space station and thrilling underwater setting.
The sequel to the wildly popular arcade fighting game Virtual-On™ comes to your Sega Dreamcast in this perfect detail-by-detail version. You won’t believe how exact, how frenetic and explosive it is! Giant virtuaroids rule the arena, each with a unique weapons array and thirst for destruction. And with only one thing in mind—your extinction.

Attachments

• Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Front.JPG
    Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Front.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 140
    111.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Back.JPG
    Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Back.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 123
    148 KB · Views: 137
  • Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Disc.JPG
    Virtual_On_Oratorio_Tangram_Disc.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 127
    63.9 KB · Views: 137
    111.6 KB · Views: 131
    148 KB · Views: 126
    63.9 KB · Views: 122
I love this game. I don't have the sticks either, but I find the game isn't too hard to control with the pad -- you just have to jump-cancel a lot to reacquire your target. I still have a replay save of myself destroying my brother in 11 seconds flat. ;) I also have one of the original edition Apharmd toys.

BTW, I remember seeing a sourceforge project awhile ago that was supposed to enable network play for this game and let you host a server. Anyone ever tried that out? It still pisses me off that they cut out the network mode for the US version, especially since you could customize your Virtualroid and all that.

It was one of the first games I got for Dreamcast. I was a bit diasspointed with the solid colored blocky looking effects and the remixed synth music but it was fun to play through.

Back