Voxels.

How would one be able to create a Voxel based map an engine like Jo-engine or something. (I'm planning on developing a voxel based FPS.)

Sorry my ignorance and my bad English , but I ask me about the viability of a game or map + objects using voxels on Saturn due the memory characteristics and amount (of course on standard Saturn).

I see the posibility as used on ken's engine: voxels are only used to show feel objects.

I will never say impossible ( some people have magic powers on coding ) , but a really Herculean task.
Am I wrong?

Sorry my ignorance and my bad English , but I ask me about the viability of a game or map + objects using voxels on Saturn due the memory characteristics and amount (of course on standard Saturn).

I see the posibility as used on ken's engine: voxels are only used to show feel objects.

I will never say impossible ( some people have magic powers on coding ) , but a really Herculean task.
Am I wrong?
Well I know that there are Voxel terrains in such great games like AMOK quite possibly Black Fire. I guess I need an alternate program for voxels.

Well I know that there are Voxel terrains in such great games like AMOK quite possibly Black Fire. I guess I need an alternate program for voxels.
Thanks for the answer. That is really gut to know.
My knowledge about voxels was based on the "war" around 2012/3 between notch and a company ( UK based, if I am not wrong) said they developed a new technology to load more visual information and was builded on voxels( but called as molecules, o something like that).
I will take a look on amok.

Back