Wanna see modding pics

A fading/in/out led?, wow.

Yes! I want to see a pic of your mod!

You should put connect two led on the side (though a electronic gate to keep a cool signal)

-to the WE cartridge pin.

^^ This creates a very funny effect

Trying to find a digicam, but proably next week is all is going glad.

What do you mean by your two led suggestion? I don't understand it, but it sounds intressting.

puting a led connected to the WE (write enable) pin of the cartridge port will make the led blinking when the genesis will write on the cartridge.

(For saves in RPGs or program bugs).

All over the top, this led should blink a lot in 32x mode and MAYBE a lot more in segacd mode (because the WE pin MAY BE the same for the cartridge than for the expention port).

But you need to make some electrical tips (D-flipflop) because you can't connect directly the led to this pin ^^.

Sounds like a nice feature.

You seem to know details about the catridge slot and its inside life?

I opened a catridge some time ago (by force, not gamebit ;)) and removed the chip. I wanted to replace it by a socket, but i couldn't find an electronics shop that had one with 42 legs and the right size, and i even wander what kind of eproms do i need, to upload my own creations to the megadrice?

do you know of a way how i could interface the catrdige slot to a computer port, except of buying a dev-device, which is as rare as i will proably never find one ;)

do you know of a way how i could interface the catrdige slot to a computer port, except of buying a dev-device, which is as rare as i will proably never find one

You can use the segacd cable from MOD

http://www.retrodev.com

But, you need a segacd, to buid a cable and to use a special compiled rom (at the good adress).

If you can't select the compilation adress / or if the rom size > 256ko, there are cool flash cartridges at http://www.tototek.com

42 pin eproms are rare, and capable programmers even more so.. they're quite expensive (both the chip and the programmer), not really worth it.. the tototek flashcard is much cheaper.

Yep,

When i was building my flash cartridge, i fist thinked about using Sram

-4mo of 2*8bit sram = 300$

Then i thinked about Eeproms:

-4mo of 2*8bit eproms = 150$

Then i thinked about flashs:

-4mo of 2*8bit flashs = 10$

But the So44 was no more available and I received some Tsop models (with 0.25mm between pins), i finaly solder them but what a **** job.

So, as arakon said: Don't try, i can confirm how it is hard.

I'll buy a tototek soon because i'm interrested about the save features that my own card can't do.

Bye

Fonzie

Back