wanted: SegaCD AC

I guess I'll be the unlucky one to find out how long this last. I'll keep you updated when I give it the final :flamethrower:

I am curious about this though: I wonder how much power requirements are changed for the Genesis when it is in cartridgeless use? The Genesis by itself might actually require less power without a cartridge. This might help little to prolong any possible PSU damage.

The PSU never gets too hot. It stays at the same temp. no matter if the Sega is powered on or off, so I keep it unplugged until use.

Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 15, 2003 @ 05:33 AM

Did you get rid of yours? Oh, and did you have a model 1 or 2?

If I ever end up fixing mine, I could sell it to you Ammut, cheap. I say "If I ever end up..." because I let some one borrow it who I don't stay in contact with, so I don't know what happened to it. They said they would try to fix it, but it's been almost 6 months already.
sad.gif

damn.gif
Yea I no longer have my Scd (I'm pretty sure anyway, maybe I'll dust off some boxes and check
blush.gif
) It was a regular run of the mill model 2.

I'd gladly buy that one off you if you can find it... but that would mean that I wouldn't be able to sell you my power adaptor
laugh.gif
...which I'm still not sure I have.... Ok, screw procrastination I'm going to go check NOW for the ac and the SCD.

Right after I finish my rounds on the boards and eat and maybe..arg...right now, I swear. Ill report back within the hour
smile.gif

---Ammut

*sigh* just checked...no luck. I swear I saw it recently enough, but the box where I put all the power adaptors has only 1 sega brand and its for a model 3 Genny
sad.gif

I thought of something to bring you hope, however, I recently gave my extra NES to a friend including power & rf cables... yet I still have 2 NES AC adaptors... leading me to believe that in my haste to pack it all up I threw in the SCD adaptor instead of the correct NES one. What Tindo said sure backs the possibility of this up. ("That's odd. I couldn't find my NES AC adapter for the NES I've had for 15 years. I compared the SegaCD's AC adapter and used that instead. It works great! so I've been switching between the SegaCD and NES for over a year now. ")

Ill check with him tomorrow to see if he has it.

Edit: also on my Scd situation: I don't have it anymore either. I remember when I brought it to a store to try and get it fixed I believe I left it there after being told it was highly unlikely they could do anything
damn.gif
I'll check back on the remote possibility they still have it.

---Ammut

I really hope you realize that both SCD models use the same AC adapter as the first Genesis. You might just want to look for that. There should be more than enough of these on ebay.

Ammut, thanks for all the work you're doing to find a SCD AC adaptor for me. Also, what I said is that I had another SCD, but I think the fuse blew on it because it stopped working and I let a friend borrow it. He claimed that he would fix it, but I haven't heard from him in 6 months. So I will probably never see that SCD again.

gameboy9k, thanks for the suggestion again, but I don't use ebay and I haven't been able to find any AC adaptors for the 1st genny. Besides, I like trading with the people on this board.
smile.gif

Hey hey, good news, I think I got it
smile.gif

contacted the guy through msn and he said the AC adaptor did indeed say Sega on it and since I have my genesis Ac here its gotta be the SCD AC. Should have it by tomorrow. I guess I'll post here when I get it.

P.S. Thanks for the PM
smile.gif

---Ammut

Good luck!

Sorry I don't have an extra original SCD adapter to get rid of. I sometimes get lucky at thrift stores like 'GoodWill', yard sales, consignment shops, and flea markets. I've also seen Genesis for sale in our local newspaper's classified ads.

I've never dealt with anyone over a messagz board. I like lurkin' around Ebay instead.
smile.gif

Goodwill, other thrift stores, and yard sales have been extremely beneficial to me whenever I'm trying to find Sega stuff. There's always a bunch of Genesi at the Goodwill closest to my house. I've even seen a Saturn there on more than one occasion. The hard part is still finding the right cables. For instance, there'll be a bunch of plain gennys but no ACs or RFs.

EDIT: That reminds me, I can't believe I found a Japanese Mega Drive at Goodwill. That's a rare find in and of itself, but at Goodwill of all places!
laugh.gif

The Manager of the goodwill store around here is a jerk. I was doing comunity service for them (required for school) and they got a bunch of videogames and computers in. So the manager told everyone to trash it all. I was in aw. There was at least 20 computers with good parts that he just trashed. And so many video games. They had boxed gameboys, boxed ataris, and a genesis in the trash! I asked him if i could buy them, but he said no because i was working there. So i stole them!!! ok ok, i couldn't take the systems but i got a few games. Only small ones that could fit in my pocket like gameboy games. Hey, he was gonna trash them and i offered to buy them. I got a copy of mario for atari and some crappy gameboy games. My friend snagged a few ps2 games. They were gonna throw them away! Don't you point that finger at me!

Technically, if they were in the trash, it's not stealing. I pick things out of the trash all the time. Hey, I'm not a hobo. I don't pick food out of the trash, I mean stuff like electronics.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 17, 2003 @ 02:01 PM

The Manager of the goodwill store around here is a jerk. I was doing comunity service for them (required for school) and they got a bunch of videogames and computers in. So the manager told everyone to trash it all. I was in aw. There was at least 20 computers with good parts that he just trashed. And so many video games. They had boxed gameboys, boxed ataris, and a genesis in the trash! I asked him if i could buy them, but he said no because i was working there. So i stole them!!! ok ok, i couldn't take the systems but i got a few games. Only small ones that could fit in my pocket like gameboy games. Hey, he was gonna trash them and i offered to buy them. I got a copy of mario for atari and some crappy gameboy games. My friend snagged a few ps2 games. They were gonna throw them away! Don't you point that finger at me!

Give me a name and an address... I want to hurt this guy. I woulda taken it all if it was simply going to be trashed, even if they were going to fire me. What a dumbass manager.

As for the AC adaptor, I got it today (traded a NES one to get it back)

Just to make sure you know, this is what it says on the adaptor

SEGA

Model:1602-22

Plug-in Power supply for

use with Genesis Console

Input:120V 60Hz 17W

Output:9V DC 1.2A

Sega Enterprises LTD.

Perhaps someone with a SCD could check to see if its the same output? I'm 99% sure its the right one but might as well check.

PM me your address Segafreak and I'll try to get it out soon.

EDIT:neeeevermind, just checked my pms and you already got your addy to me. I'll try to send it this weekend.

---Ammut

You didn't steal them! you rescued them!

I would have just loaded up and carried the stuff away when my ride got there. Screw him, he can't bother you for taking garbage.

Oh btw, my SegaCD adapter is a taaad bit different. I don't know why it says "Genesis," I got it brand new in the SegaCD box. but my Model number doesn't end in "-22" and my output wattage is 18W and not 17W . . . I guess that's good I got an extra watt since it now powers both
tongue.gif
:

AC03.gif

The reason it says Genesis is because it IS the Genesis adapter they just reused it. Just like how the RF adapter for the GameCube is really just the old as fuck NES RF adapter from the 80's. (Which incidentally was also used with the SNES and N64.)

Originally posted by gamefoo21@Jun 19, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

how can you change an rf adapter ? :huh

gameboy means the actual connector pin that goes into the system, I think.

And you CAN change an RF adapter, look at the change from the genny model 1 to the model 2. I t went from one big pin to 9 small pins.

And gameboy, that AC that Tindo posted a pic of, and the one that Ammut has, they're genny model 1 ACs?

Originally posted by SegaFreak+Jun 20, 2003 @ 12:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaFreak @ Jun 20, 2003 @ 12:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-gamefoo21@Jun 19, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

And you CAN change an RF adapter, look at the change from the genny model 1 to the model 2. I t went from one big pin to 9 small pins.

And gameboy, that AC that Tindo posted a pic of, and the one that Ammut has, they're genny model 1 ACs? [/b][/quote]

Yes they are. Any MK-16xx item was for the model 1. Model 2's have MK-2xxx item numbers.

As for gamefoo21's comment I have no idea what he's talking about.

Ammut, since you have a genny model 1 AC, I'll still take it. I really don't care if it's a genuine SegaCD AC adapter, just as long as it works with the SegaCD.
wink.gif

Originally posted by gameboy900+Jun 20, 2003 @ 11:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Jun 20, 2003 @ 11:08 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 20, 2003 @ 12:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-gamefoo21
@Jun 19, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

And gameboy, that AC that Tindo posted a pic of, and the one that Ammut has, they're genny model 1 ACs?

Yes they are. Any MK-16xx item was for the model 1. Model 2's have MK-2xxx item numbers.

As for gamefoo21's comment I have no idea what he's talking about.[/b][/quote]

Didn't you read what I said? My AC came brand-new in my Model2 SegaCD box.

I've never had a MK-2??? AC

and gamefoo means 'If it ain't broke, dont fix it' referring to the NES RF adapter

Originally posted by Tindo@heart+Jun 20, 2003 @ 11:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tindo@heart @ Jun 20, 2003 @ 11:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 20, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 20, 2003 @ 12:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-gamefoo21
@Jun 19, 2003 @ 11:08 PM

As for gamefoo21's comment I have no idea what he's talking about.

Didn't you read what I said? My AC came brand-new in my Model2 SegaCD box.

I've never had a MK-2??? AC

and gamefoo means 'If it ain't broke, dont fix it' referring to the NES RF adapter [/b][/quote]

I was refering to models of Genesis and not Sega CD's. My bad.

Back