Wanted: Virtual Boy

Anyone got one of these they're willing to part with?

$25-$40, depending on condition. Im not expecting a box or anything, just all hookups and perhaps a game if you have it.

$50 w/ box n all

---Ammut

I got one, I can prob. give it to yas for 50+ shipping. Shipping shouldn't be much, I have box w/ all hookups and mario tennis. has all instructins and shit, all mind cond.

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 16, 2003 @ 09:48 PM

I got one, I can prob. give it to yas for 50+ shipping. Shipping shouldn't be much, I have box w/ all hookups and mario tennis. has all instructins and shit, all mind cond.

Woa, sweet, got any pics though? Sounds like what I'm looking for.

And thanks for changing the topic to the correct spelling
smile.gif

---Ammut

hehe, it's mint cond. I can't get you pix, no digi camera.....but trust me, there is not a scratch on this thing. It was bought back when they were goin for like 25 bucks at toys r us. It hasn't been played much so it's in mint condition. the box has a lil' wear on the corners but nuffin much, it has all the packaging stuff inside too.

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 18 2003, 03:25 AM

hehe, it's mint cond. I can't get you pix, no digi camera.....but trust me, there is not a scratch on this thing. It was bought back when they were goin for like 25 bucks at toys r us. It hasn't been played much so it's in mint condition. the box has a lil' wear on the corners but nuffin much, it has all the packaging stuff inside too.

*shakes fist at you only paying $25*

Still interested, I PMed you.

---Ammut

Originally posted by SegaSquad@May 31 2003, 03:17 AM

I got one but i don't have the battery pack. So i don't know if its really worth anything.

well do you have the ac adaptor ( I think its the same as SNES). If you got any games i'd like to get them off you if it still doesn't work
smile.gif

---Ammut

I don't think there is an AC plug in thing on the virtual boy. But i will sell you the unit, plus eye cover and stand for $20 (no battery Pack). I have one game, Teleroboxer and i'll sell that for $7. If i can find Mario tenis i'll let you know.

Mine comes w/ Mario Tennis....so no need for that. And I dont have the adaptor.....u can prob. find one cheap off of ebay...or local pawn shops and shiz.....if a pawn shop got one of those in, highly doubt if it would sell quickly.

there was an ac adaptor. It was 3rd party. You removed the battery pack and you slid it into place. I bought a VB at an EB for like $40 and got 4 games at the same time, and bought an ac adaptor. I ended up selling them to some guy for like the same cost about a year and a half later. Have regretted doing so ever since. However, with no battery pack you should still be able to build a pack for it, though it might make it fairly funky shaped, if I remember correctly it used 6 AA batteries, and had an atrocious battery life lol.

Thanks for the info guys. I remember there was an AC adaptor when it came out and I thought I read that the SNES AC adaptor works with it somewhere awhile ago but thinking back to the battery pack makes me doubt that. Guess I'll have to look in to that, I hate battery hog systems <_<

---Ammut

if the snes runs on the same voltage as the vb, then I suppose it would be possible to build an adaptor to use the snes power cable. I'll have to look into that. If I find anything I'll let ya know
happy.gif

I'd be interested in buying a virtual boy as well... though I wouldn't be interested without a copy of mario tennis... cause that's one of my favorite VB games (right next to wario land). If you got one and want to work something out, best way to reach me is on aim as "Scared0o0Rabbit".

just a couple things, there's a little module that you plug the SNES ac adaptor into and slide into the controller just like the controller, I believe it actaully came with the virtual boy orginally (it came with mine) and last I checked all these random parts are still available directly from nintendo if you can't find them other places.

It may have come in virtual boys from other regions or something, or from specific stores, but I'm fairly sure it's actually a third party accessory. Also as I seem to recall nintendo only sells like the eye shades and stuff for the vb, dunno about battery cases, though a battery case would be easy enough to make.

Back