warcraft sega saturn

hi,

I want to know if its possible to add more scenarios to the game and/or change the game ingame speed.

And is there a tool out there to rip SS games?

im curious about it :)

well, my copy should come in any day, I can have a look if the file formats are compatible with the PC version (sadly, the Saturn port of Duke 3D uses different files :( )

I doubt the SS/PSX versions can load data from the PC version. The fact that the console and the PC versions runs at different resolutions alone might have made things a tad incompatible (Saturn:320x224, PSX:320x240, PC:640x480. All graphics seems to have been resized).

Well it has .war, .cud and .sud files. But I doubt they are in the same format as the PC version. With that said, you could always make an editor for the Saturn version, if you were so inclined.

I don't know what happened to my WC II PC discs. I tried opening some of the .war files in WarDraft, and it didn't seem to like them. So I assumed they were modified from the PC version, though the way the game stores and accesses its data is probably much the same.

Back