Wario World

I know we a NintendoExtreme, but I don't like that site. Seems pretty dead to me. Anyway...

I just rented Wario World. I haven't been playing too long, but let me tell you it's an awesome title! A treasure-worthy game, if I say so myself. While the reviews say it's short and repetitive, I say yes it's short and repetitive but that's the whole point! You could say that about Ikaruga, that's even more repetitive! I love the visual and zany aesthetic of the game. It's perfect for people who want so lovin platforming action and are getting tired of the Ron Jeremy clone that is Mario. No cheesy semi-racist portrayal of italian-americans here (perhaps a vague bashing of capitalism??). Control is extremely tight and the action is gratifying to say the least. I could see how one could get tired of it after a while, but honestly I don't think this game is meant to be played in long intervals. It's no Zelda or Mario Sunshine. I really enjoy this game and now plan to buy it. Treasure is practically the only company I will buy games from to support. I really can't get into Stretch Panic, but yet I still have it. If I had an N64 I would get Mischief Makers and import Sin and Punishment. Wario World is without a doubt an underrated gem. I strongly recommend a rental, though. I'm a particular gamer, as with everyone on this board, and tastes vary from person to person. Thumbs up!

I rented this as well, and as usual a true gem from Treasure. The main levels are supplemented by neat platforming sub-levels. Oooh and the bosses aren't half-bad either. Very fun.

Gets an 9 from me. -1 for length.

Originally posted by Resident_Lurker@Jul 15, 2003 @ 02:24 AM

I rented this as well, and as usual a true gem from Treasure. The main levels are supplemented by neat platforming sub-levels. Oooh and the bosses aren't half-bad either. Very fun.

Gets an 9 from me. -1 for length.

Hey man, quality over quantity.
cool.gif

I was looking forward to this game coming out.. Feel a bit let down by the reviews (about the length mostly). Think I'll wait til it's cheapo since I don't wanna spend £40 on a game that only lasts a few hours.

man I was undecided, but I might have to pick it up, now when you guys say its too breif..... how brief is brief??

huh.gif

Back