Warp Pipe and GC Online

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
Apparently Warp Pipe has signed a commercial deal to provide ongoing online support across a range of undisclosed titles. They have mentioned that very soon thier logo will be on new GC games.

“I obviously cannot say much, but I will try to give you as much as I can. We are working on a service that will launch globally between Q4 2004 - Q1 / Q2 2005,” said Paulson. “Although this service will greatly surprise gamers, it is not what they would traditionally expect. [Warp Pipe Technologies] feel that online communities have been commoditized, with publishers and developers focusing on the technology instead of the social and personal aspects that truly make a multiplayer experience unique. In launching this service, we will be addressing these issues.”

Thanks to Spong for the news.

Sounds promising. I'm getting tired of the "we have better specs than you" and "check out this new complicated gizmo" promotion they've all been doing of late. The 'cube seems to be the system with more, better old-school games on it, and making a live service that focuses on "lets have some fun" rather than "m3$@ $0 l337" will only help build their userbase with old-school gamers.

Back