Weird CDRWIN error (pic included)

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
here it is:

<center>

help1.gif
</center>

thanks in advance.....i did do a forum search for this topic but maybe i missed it
smile.gif

Here is the cue sheet:

FILE 1.ISO BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2048

INDEX 01 00:00:00

POSTGAP 00:02:00

FILE 2.WAV WAVE

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

FILE 3.WAV WAVE

TRACK 03 AUDIO

FILE 4.WAV WAVE

TRACK 04 AUDIO

FILE 5.WAV WAVE

TRACK 05 AUDIO

I dont think CDRwin supports spaces in filenames...you might wanna make the filenames with underscores or something...

Umm, there aren't any spaces in the file names.

The files seem to be 1.ISO, 2.WAV, 3.WAV and 4.WAV.

It wouldn't give that error for spaces in the file names anyway. I know from experience...

Rex, is your burner listed as supported by CDRWin?

there is between

"file 1" "file 2" and so on

ull have to stick underscores in between them

cdrwin is a pile of shite recording software anyway

use diskjuggler/winoncd no cue sheets needed

also try tao instead of dao(if burner supports it)

may help

plus the cue sheet isnt telling it where the actual iso file is

if u had it say

c:\backups file1.iso binary

make sure the cue sheet says so

not

file1.iso binary

thats the reason it wont find it

Originally posted by daffy duck@July 09 2002,20:14

there is between

"file 1" "file 2" and so on

ull have to stick underscores in between them

FILE is a cuesheet keyword, not part of the filename. The CDRWin manual explains the syntax of cuesheets, and should be considered suggested reading.

As for spaces in filenames, depending on the software you can enclose the filename in quotes. Eg. Nero will gladly burn files with spaces in the name if you do so.

Originally posted by mal@July 09 2002,08:36

Rex, is your burner listed as supported by CDRWin?

I checked goldenhawk.com and they suppoer the Acer 20x10 but mine is 20x10x40 which is not listed. I wonder if that makes a difference....

I checked goldenhawk.com and they suppoer the Acer 20x10 but mine is 20x10x40 which is not listed. I wonder if that makes a difference....

Thats probably one in the same, they just left out the rip speed.

I'm confused, I did just add a slave drive in as well. I have no problems burning with that drive which is a Yamaha, but this Acer is killing me. I am going to take out the slave later to see if I can burn but so far I have not been able to burn with the Acer drive at all.

[sigh]

It's sad how people encounter a problem and then go down the wrong path entirely trying to find a solution, straying further and further from the real issue.

This is what I see happening here.

Rex, here's the (very probable) cause why your cuesheet is rejected... One or more of the wav files must be shorter than 6 seconds in playing time (check them all in WinAMP or a wave editor)...if so, you need to append silence to bump up the playing time above 6 seconds for the offending wav file.

The CD-ROM spec calls for a CD audio track to be at least 6 seconds long, otherwise it is illegal. That's why your image won't burn.

Incidentally, what game is it anyway?

Originally posted by Taelon@July 11 2002,11:10

The CD-ROM spec calls for a CD audio track to be at least 6 seconds long, otherwise it is illegal. That's why your image won't burn.

In my experience CDRWin will warn you there is a problem with the specific audio track rather giving the error that Rex got.

Originally posted by Taelon@July 10 2002,18:10

[sigh]

It's sad how people encounter a problem and then go down the wrong path entirely trying to find a solution, straying further and further from the real issue.

This is what I see happening here.

Rex, here's the (very probable) cause why your cuesheet is rejected... One or more of the wav files must be shorter than 6 seconds in playing time (check them all in WinAMP or a wave editor)...if so, you need to append silence to bump up the playing time above 6 seconds for the offending wav file.

Incidentally, what game is it anyway?

Okay, here is my set up.

I have an Acer burner as my master, and a Yamaha as my slave. For every game I have tried to burn (30+ games) I try out the Acer and get that error, then I use the Yamaha and am able to burn just fine. I haven't even had a game yet with a WAV file under 6 seconds long so that can't be it but I do appreciate the help. I just bought the Acer burner about 3 days ago and have had it to work with NERO so I know it works....just not with CDRWIN for some reason. The Yamaha is an 8 write, and the Acer is a 20 write so understandably I want to get this Acer up and running. In CDRWIN the Acer will not write in any speed. I don't know...

Is now the wrong time to say that burning games at a lower speed (8x and lower) is better? :
wink.gif
:

I don't know why CDRWin won't burn for you with your Acer burner.

I have an external SCSI burner that works fine with CDRWin at home, but gave the same error as you get on a machine at work. I think I gave up and used Easy CD Pro 95. ???

I just disconnected the slave drive and the Acer pepped right up and started burning with CDRWIN like a champ. I guess this is one of those threads to reference if anybody ever gets in a similar jam! Thanks to everybody for all the help!

Just to add a little more for future use: I just hooked up a normal CD rom drive as a slave and the Acer is still burning. So final conclusion, 2 burners = bad, 1 burner + 1 cdrom drive = good.

Who woulda thought?
smile.gif
How odd that Windows itself didn't complain about the Acer being a slave drive etc. in the first place... wonder if you were able to burn to the Acer with any other software. Ahwell, you solved the problem, I'm happy for you.

As for the less-than-6-second Wavs, those have given me the cuesheet error before... I didn't get a warning from CDRWin about the files being too short, specificially.

Back